Search results

1. J

Parts 1uz engine, cpu, trans

I have a 1uz from a 98 GS400 I was going to use in a project that I must now let go. <80k miles CPU 4 spd auto trans from LS400
  2. J

Hilux Surf LN130 1UZ-FE

anyway to update where all the pics went..? started my swap today into my 96.
  3. J

Motor/Transmission Mounts

mount pics for 96 hilux/tacoma I know there were some on here way back... need some help getting pics for 1uz into a 96 hilux/tacoma thanks!
  4. J

1UZ into my Off-Road Long Travel Tacoma

What's funny is I was thinking that very thing when I went out earlier! I have a couple of old sets of tires I'm saving so I can burn em! Mine's a 2wd though, so they won't be mudders. The first ones will be the old 14"ers I took off a while ago. Then I'll burn the 16"ers. Then I'll have to...
  5. J

no doubt. It's a minimal increase. The only time you'd notice a considerable jump in mpg is doing multiple things at once (ie- weight, tires, intake, exhaust, etc. etc.). I am really looking forward to getting my V8 into my little taco. Not only is it 300hp, but the mpg will definitely get...
  6. J

amazing, but true http://money.howstuffworks.com/how-to-drive-economically.htm
  7. J

Right now my 4 cyl with a messed up a/t is getting 11mpg. I can't wait to get my 1uz in it.
  8. J

1UZFE into Toy Taco (US)

Well, I finally got trans, went with the A/T from a 92ish ls400. In a few weeks, we'll probably start on the swap. Still need to get motor mounts made and get an ecu.
  9. J

1UZ - 2wd Hilux Engine Mount CAD files

did these CAD files get posted anywhere? I am working on getting my 1uz into my 96 taco (US) and need to start working on these and getting an ecu.thanks!
  10. J

99 ECu with 98 Engine?

Putting 98 engine from GS400 into a 96 Toyota Tacoma. :burnout:
  11. J

99 ECu with 98 Engine?

Can you use a 99 GS400 ECU with an engine from a 98 GS400?
  12. J

thinking about going A-T

At this point my thinking is that it will be cheaper and easier. Are the A/T's more readily available>?
  13. J

thinking about going A-T

I've been thinking about going with an auto trans. in my 1uz tacoma conversion. any suggestions?
  14. J

manual swap- what manual used?

anyone use a W59?
  15. J

anyone know if a 6 speed out of a Nissan 350z would work? Anyone know of someone doing it?
  16. J

manual swap- what manual did you use? What kind of trans have been used for swaps for the uz with success? So far, I've heard of v160 r154 w58 now I see a getrag from a bmw is being attempted. Also, who used a custom bell and who used an adapter?
  17. J

Where are all the V160s??

that's what I get... can't get on there either.
  18. J

v160 / r154 bolt pattern

well, I guess it's still a good trans. I'll just have to have an adapter made here.
  19. J

v160 / r154 bolt pattern

shoot, it's out of a 7MGTE.
  20. J

v160 / r154 bolt pattern

Anyone know if they are the same? I'd like to get a v160, but have an r154 lined up to buy right now. I'm wondering if the adapter for the v160 will work with this as well? thanks for your help! john