Search results

1. striker

Gardner Douglas T70 hits the road

Thanks Guys, good to see you're all still here. Yeah indeed Bushwacker, I truly cannot understand why Russell has not stopped selling these stupid quick release couplings. The problem is not the seal since it's equiped with triple O-rings. but the locking mechanism just fails without...
  2. striker

Gardner Douglas T70 hits the road

Hi All, It's been a long time since I was here, Years ago I started to build a 1uzfe with twin compressors that was supposed to go into a GD-T70 chassis. After trial fitting, and a little debate about the fact that I wouldn't chop up a €8K chassis in favor of fitting a €300 engine, the...
  3. striker

Twin M45 charged 1uzfe project taking shape

hey cobber, thanx for the linky thing, I new walkinshaw had a UK department, but they don;t list the LS3's on their site. I will try and figure out how import of such part is done in holland, and maybe get one from AUS then, they are very hard to come by in holland. is Sideshow still on...
  4. striker

hey all, If I can get an LS3 for that sort of money, I'm game! I only need more details about this. can anyone tell me some more? I can work out the cost of importing such a thing in holland. seems a cheap option. grtz Thomas
  5. striker

Ha cobber tell that to Erol and Justin they won't belive you! really guys I am not to fond of cutting up a very well made tig welded chassis, also I thought of this, and spoke to GD / Speedon about it. they where not to negative, but all facts in line, it's just not the right way forward...
  6. striker

Hey all, thanx for the support. GD are not to blame in this matter, I always new that this could be a problem, there's still one way out that is possible after talking to the engineers at speedon-racing. If and just If, we can machine the bellhousing lower end down 3.5cm, modify the front...
  7. striker

Guys I'm in deep ****, the engines cylinderheads don't fit the chassis by a mile. have a 2 options now, drysump, remodel rear of heads and valve covers, go for a fuel tank of 43liters instead of 50. or sell the Twin SC 1uz to a GT40 builder and buy a chevy LS? man I'm fed up now, the main...
  8. striker

Hey cobber and Justin, thanx for the thumbs up, I got a bit scared for a minute going through the cdrom with build pics GD provides, a very large amount of work ahead indeed, but as you say, it's all of a sudden gotten very serious again! and thats the way I like it. been so with the...
  9. striker

And Sir here it is Me sitting in Dah Mother of all spaceframes doing the brrrmmm brrroeoemmm noise the frame from behind, there's more triangles in this then there are in Bermuda I think..... first part trial installed to get the mountening blocks in position, everthing will be taken...
  10. striker

Short runner manifold

congrats Justin, nice achievement indeed! keeps my hope up hearing your results as the runs on the mani must be more or less the same length on mine. ps offtopic, I do have the mother of all spaceframes in Le garage at last! so the race is on to get it build before 1 may 2011 when new Euro5...
  11. striker

hey matt, very neat! working like that, but part of my hobby is making stuff with my hands, so for me it would be conventional all the time, then again maybe if I ever get feeling with CAD i would do it like yours also, anyway, next week we will go to GD in the UK to pick the chassis up...
  12. striker

hey matt, yours are looking absolute flawless, is that all CNC or conventional machining, and if so what lathe and mill has been used to get this results? btw what are these for? I hope not nitrous..... hate that! grtz Thomas
  13. striker

hey matt, would not have been possible without your help! how's the one for the LS (12core iirc) comming along? any results yet? grtz Thomas
  14. striker

Ah yes..... busted! I had to do both the 4 hole flanges and the blocks of alloy twice to get it to fit well enough too: remove the block from the long threaded ends after having had them torqued up.... would want to drill larger oversize than the 4.2 in regard to probable gasket failures later...
  15. striker

Thanx scott! well I have been busy for a few days, here's the results I made the intake collector box out of this 3mm alloy plate got some leftovers wich may be just enough to make a nice 2 liter fuel swirl pot aswell but that's not the isue right now. I'm sorry to say that I forgot to make...
  16. striker

Hey Justin I will try and look up a picture of the inlay detail on GD's orange demonstrator car, so you can see what I mean. I had also never seen that before but was sold on it the minute I did. one importand thing to mention, the factory called today, my chassis and other stuff to complet...
  17. striker

FI intake question for you guys.

with the correct radius flare on the end, that's the trick! Grtz Thomas
  18. striker

Nail on the head Dazz, that Justin is one sneeky bastard, trying to promote his own country through my ignorance, didn't realize the national coulours of Aus are indeed those..... hahaha. anyway dicisions has been made. base coulour will be black, chassis rollbars and suspension bits will...
  19. striker

Clutch options / *** clutch any good?

Arnout, that's a enourmous amount of money from quater master, or is this one also carbob carbon? I have their catalogue and price list here, and cannot find those in there, normal buttons anre not even near that price from QM direct. anyway QM is nice, but in all honesty if it comes to this...
  20. striker

Finally running (sort of)!

where on earth would you be abel to buy a new LS? for that sort of money? over here in europe they're still expensive as hell, might be tempted to import one maybe. sorry to say the 1uz is givving me problems regarding getting it approved road legal. sorry fot the trhread highjack, PS I...