Search results

1. C

Parts 1UZ from '92 LS400

Bump $250 obo. You know you want it!
  2. C

Parts 1UZ from '92 LS400

Was told it had 90k miles. Has everything you see here (no alternator). I've sold my project and don't need it now. $400, for local pickup only (may be persuaded to deliver it within a 100 mile radius for another $100) in or near Baltimore, MD cvetters3 at comcast.net 4 1 0 3 7 5 4 8 9 9
  3. C

1UZFE + carburator = ?

I'd like more info on that as well, as I still have that Comet project and woudl like a similar setup... cvetters3 @ comcast.net
  4. C

Standalone ECU 1UZFE 36-1 Trigger Wheel and Megasquirt

These would allow you to run a distributorless setup with MS?
  5. C

Parts 1UZ/W58 combo for sale...

Ok, down to the W58 and 1UZ themselves. Turned out the adapter didn't fit the W58, but did fit the later Supra trans. W58 is $50 plus shipping, engine is now $500 plus shipping, or trade for running Ford 5.0 combo for my Comet. Thanks, Brad! Unless someone has a cheap W58/1UZ bellhousing... ;)
  6. C

I haven't pulled it off the pallet and tire that it's sitting on, so I'm not sure what sump it has. Supposedly 92k miles on it, and it turns over nicely. I was told it came out of an LS400, but it does look like the SC400 engine. I really wish I could take the time to finish the project, but...
  7. C

Complete 1UZ, no alternator. W58 trans, Cowboy bebop adaptor. No flywheel or pressure plate yet (hadn't got around to buying it). Hate to sell it, but honestly, I'm not getting around to doing the project car it was intended for. Into it for almost $1500. Sell for $900 for everything. Come...
  8. C

lexus v8 to getrag clutch-now available

I'm not building a race car. I'm building a customized 1963 Mercury Comet convertible for cruising and doing the hot rod car shows, where there will be a lot of fairgrounds driving, and slow driving through gently rolling back roads and city streets. A light clutch pedal is nice, but a grabby...
  9. C

Latest word?
  10. C

Which would you drive?

I've driven a few Vipers on the track and on the street. The reviewers obviously were used to 150 hp FWD cars. It's simply not that hard to drive. This is me in my buddy's Viper... I'd take a blue/white stripe '96-2000 GTS ACR and be quite happy. Oh, and my dad's F150 went 380k miles...
  11. C

I want it.
  12. C

I'm still looking for an inexpensive clutch flywheel package that only has to deal with stock levels of power, myself. I have Eric's adapter and the late W58 trans. I don't like the thought of spending more on the flywheel and clutch than on the rest of the engine/trans/adapter...
  13. C

Which would you drive?

If there's an Aston on the list, that's the one I'll tend to go for. THey are simply beautiful cars. My preference right now is for the V8 Vantage, however.
  14. C

What brakes?

First, you have to determine what it is you're trying to fix in your current braking system, and what you're trying to achieve. If you're having fade issues, then better pads are a first upgrade. Then look at larger diameter rotors with larger pads. If you're trying to shorten stopping...
  15. C

Performance Brake Upgrades

Can we get tech on whether or not thay actually work? Like back to back tests on stopping distances and fade?
  16. C

1UZ with Supra tranny

Got the adaptor from Eric Tuesday. Now I can bolt the engine and W58 trans together, and mock it up in the chassis of the Comet. Still will need a decent, cheap flywheel clutch package, however...
  17. C

Parts FS: Complete V8 Drivetrain out of a 93 SC400

How much for just the seats?
  18. C

Curious Laptop or Desktop for posting?

Really? Most high end laptops I've seen compete nicely with, say $500 desktop setups for performance and ability, other than portability. I've got a high end laptop with a huge screen, and it's no where near as capable as the dual monitor, dual processor desktop PC I'm posting this from:
  19. C

Gas Prices

The interesting issue is that of smog. On one hand, ethanol blends are touted as being much cleaner and reducing smog. On the other, even the California Air Resources board has found it to be just the opposite, in that is INCREASES smog...
  20. C

Electric Powered

I do believe his parts cost was in the neighborhood of $5-6k for the optima yellowtops, charge controller, motor controllers, 9" DC motor and adaptors. Rich makes all the electronics at Manzanita Micro. Normally, however, I woudl put the price tag in the $10k range, making it a fun project, but...