Search results

1. T

1UZ for my Superlite Coupe SLC

Very nice car. For the harness and ECU, I would go for the MS3-Pro with no MS3-Pro harness included, but including the MS3-Pro ECU connectors (2) and pins, and see if you can cut off the original Lexus ECU connector, then mate the MS3-Pro ECU connectors to that harness. On my project, I plan...
  2. T

1972 400z

Sounds like a really fun project. 240Z's were my first favorite car.
  3. T

Wanted WTB: 1UZFE Parts

Sorry to take to long to get back to you. I am not 100% certain the 92 and 93 harness is the same. I took some photos in case you are interested. I'd be willing to sell it for $70 + shipping costs.
  4. T

Wanted WTB: 1UZFE Parts

I might have a '92 SC400 engine harness. I should know for sure later today
  5. T

Parts Aem ems 30-1100

One more update: On second thought, it's probably bad karma to end the eBay auction early. I will just let it go on and let the highest bidder win (who knows, it may go for less than $600). John is right that this is not for beginners. Ideally you need an experienced tuner, and I believe...
  6. T

Parts Aem ems 30-1100

I have an AEM EMS (series 1) that was used in my Supra with the 2JZGTE motor. These have been adapted by other members here to work with the 1UZ motor. I no longer have a use for it, so I would like to sell it. I currently have it on e-bay (290932687258). I'd be willing to end that auction...
  7. T

Project Thread Supercharged Supra

You are not the only one who want to see their project finally done. I am happy to say I am in the same boat. After being in hiatus for 5 years, my project is also active again. My goal is to have it running and driving by the end of the year. Who knows, maybe we should have a meet and greet...
  8. T

1uz-fe 'clutch judder'

How are the condition of the engine and transmission mounts?
  9. T

Project Thread 1UZ-T MK4 Supra

I assume no air conditioning for this car?
  10. T

Building my transmission adapter

Very nice! What transmission will you be using?
  11. T

ARP part no for head studs

Does the same p/n work for 2UZ and 3UZ?
  12. T

2uzfe twin turbo

How high were you revving the engine? Where did you get your cams? Also, did you change your intake manifold to something custom? Sorry, these questions don't really help you situation; I am just very interested in your build.
  13. T

2uzfe twin turbo

That's really strange to see a bent valve from a misfire. I wonder if somehow the timing belt is stretching or the connecting rod has an issue. What pistons and rods did you go with? Was the block decked or the heads milled, which would reduce the clearance between the valves? What...
  14. T

Sorry, my project is not finished

Sorry, my project is not finished
  15. T

Parts 1UZ built motor

Just wondering, is that Accufab 85mm throttle-body a direct bolt-on, or does it require an adapter? Are you using drive-by-wire, or a traditional throttle cable? Thanks...
  16. T

Avoid TTC Performance!!

Wow that is very unfortunate. You should at least get a reimbursement for the costs you incurred. FWIW, the starter clearance is that way because the plate thickness was designed to preserve the original distance between the transmission input shaft & engine crankshaft. The 2UZGTE rear engine...
  17. T

Project Thread Project SC400TT

Nice work on the power steering. I have to figure out what I am going to do with the Supra, and I think you have just convinced me to use all OEM parts on the Supra. I am hoping I can just use all the SC400 factory lines and it will work with my Supra steering rack, but I have not really...
  18. T

1uz-fe, are you happy?

I think part of the problem is starting with a motor before 1998. There is a ton of money being spent on getting those heads to flow at or slightly better than stock 1998+ heads. Spending an extra $1000 up front on a newer engine can save you many thousands later. But John is right overall...
  19. T

any tundras

Two 2008 models, one for me, one for my wife. Both 5.7 Limited.
  20. T

3S-GTE heads on 1UZ-FE?

Just use the 1UZ vvti heads! They are not nearly as "bad" as the non-vvti. If I recall correctly, a stock vvti head with flow as good as a full-tilt ported non-vvti head.