Search results

1. jibby

Jibby saying hello and needs a little help..

Saying hello to all my old friends at Lextreme first and foremost!!! Hope all you clowns are doing well. Thought to try you guys for a little help on a recent problem with my SC400. Anyways, I still have my old Betsy, 1992 Lexus SC400.. Been sitting around mostly the last few years but I did...
  2. jibby

THE Z06 VETTE may be the best bang for your buck

Guys, I am Lex man at heart, but I must be honest I have got my eye on the Z06 Vette, at $60,000, 500hp, 7.0L, 11.5 in the quarter, and 7000rpm range it is tough to pass on.. I love my SC400 and will keep it and build it, but man I had a chance to look over this Vette yesteraday while on...
  3. jibby

Crank upgrade on the sc400 1uz...?

Guys I've covered just about every possible upgrade on the 1UZ..'s motors except for the crankshaft... I have read some threads on cranks, but most talks are about the 3UZ's crank upgrades. I am unclear about the stock crank on the IUZ...??? I would love to know how the stock crank rates..is it...
  4. jibby

Need longer wheel studs?

Having trouble finding longer wheel studs for my sc400, any ideas? Anyone.....
  5. jibby

List Of Supra Parts For Lexus

I am trying to aquire and provide a list of all the known UPGRADEABLE interchangeable parts from the 1993 + up Twin Turbo Supra's that will bolt and fit directly onto the Lexus SC's and or LS's...I have found a guy who is parting out on his Supra TT and I just want to know what I might be...
  6. jibby

Header install without the EGR Block????

I am looking over the EGR heat sensor that leads into the stock headers on my 1992 SC400 manifold and I am seriously considering removing that heat sensor from the stock manifold and carefully welding into the same place and location on the new S&S headers that will be installed this week. What...
  7. jibby

Sc400 Vs. Porsche S Turbo....

Sc400 Vs. Porsche 911 S Turbo.... I should only discuss races that I win but here it is anyway. This is the first weekend I was finally able to drive my SC400 in almost 3 weeks after doing these recent mods of mine. So here I am it's Friday night 9:00pm or so and I was actually looking for a...
  8. jibby

Changing the differential Gearing??????

There has been alot of talk for months about the advantages to changing out the stock Supra tt gearing which is 3.93 I believe to the 4.08 or 4:10 higher gearing. I need a couple questions answered if possible: 1) Has anyone done that LSD gear change on a Soarer or SC400? Did it make a...
  9. jibby

Easy way to increase power and torque at the wheels

Can any of you experts tell me the differential gearing ratio on a 1993 Supra tt LSD vs. the stock 1992 SC400 open end differential..Is there a difference? I have no idea if the gearing is matching up right on my sc. I have assumed all along it is the same, but after reading this thread it...
  10. jibby

Making the car faster with out hp gains?

Ok, I have been thinking of ways to make my car faster 0-60mph without hp gains and reducing the weight on my sc400/Soarer was one of the ways, I am hoping to drop 300lbs but so far I could only come up with these: 1) removing the spare tire and rim, jack, and tools from the trunk and replaced...
  11. jibby

Supra TT Big Brake Upgrade for SC400

Sc400T looking for results- Did you ever do this swap and do you like the results? Curious, any draw backs that you can think of. Like the rear brakes not working well with the new front supra 4 piston calipers. Did the Supra rotors need an offset ring to fit tight? How's your braking at...
  12. jibby

2006 Mustang GT Tungsten is a monster!!!

A friend told of me today to have look at this new Ford Mustang coming out. I was so impressed being that it is a Ford I felt I must share...What are your thoughts? This car does 0-60mph in 3.3 seconds and the quarter mile at 11.6 seconds. I would say this car hauls _ss!. Thought some of...
  13. jibby

Stupid Question that I hope someone will answer..

Can an extra quart of transmission fluid in the Lex tranny blowout the seals? When I did my electric fan swap I believe I added too much trans fluid like a half a quart to a quart too much as it was hard to messure a true level from the dip stick. I check the dip stick when the car is cold and...
  14. jibby

Cams?

Just want to know if anyone is aware of a cam maker in the US to make cams other then Kelford for IUZ-FE? Shipping is the killer for the Kelford Cams...
  15. jibby

New cluster and what is a good head unit for the SC?

Well I just got back my cluster upgrade from Lextech lighting. Super bright white background with super white needles and I must say it looks good. The only problem now is it just makes the factory stereo and climate control look like shiat...Check this - The lighting background upgrade does...
  16. jibby

Swapping the Iuz in a Toyota Landcruiser?

Got this little problem, I am all over the place with this car stuff of late, got two months to go crazy on my cars so I am getting after it. Got this 1993 Toyota Landcruiser with around 200,000 miles on it, runs and looks perfect, just re-workes the driveshafts, intake and exhaust. However...
  17. jibby

The Egr Block Begins?

Hey guys wanted to get started on installing my headers but need to first block the EGR successfully. Got the block kit from Lex and have it all down and was ready to go on it today but have two questions 1) this transistor where does it go? Any pics or description to place this little guy to...
  18. jibby

Hp Gains With Re-directed Air Conditioner?

You guys may laugh and think I am crazy on this one but I was thinking of a cost effective way to make some horsepower from the cars resources and here is what I came up with, check this: For those of you that have airconditioning if you notice that when you turn your A/C on full blast you get...
  19. jibby

The SC lexus is bashed by the E55 AMG!!!

Guys, my best friends brother tells me today to go to "google search" and type in "e55 amg engine" then go to the second one down which is (insideline...kicked) I new it was going to say something nice about his E55 AMG, but look at what paragraph 7 of this article says. I really need to beat...
  20. jibby

Man I cannot figure out how to link websites to the thread, help anyone?

I have an interesting web page read I want to link to a new thread. I have no problem linking pictures, and such, when I save the website page it is saved and stored in my C drive which is C:/Johndocument/htm..for example. I then use the manage attachment option below and browse to locate, I...