Search results

1. D

sudden change in engine behavior

bought a 19 ls400 with 103k and put 75k on it. its at 178,010 mi. drove ok and parked. Went back out 20 mins later, car started up fine, but would only drive 15mph after that. wierd almost stinky ammonia smell comes from tailpipe while it runs this way. checked timing belt and it didnt jump...
  2. D

Parts 1992 LS400 Parting Out,

ls400 partout. any parts left? any parts left?
  3. D

Parts Parting out 1991 Lexus LS400

ls400 parts hey, what is left? I'm looking for front bumper, ac compressor, rear view mirror, maybe som seats,
  4. D

1991 ls400 front suspension nightmare!

update drivers side back together, clunking further minimized no more bottom out in front drivers side, however a little rub in the rear drivers' side overall, car is much more quiet, but there is some another clunk present on driver's side. we raised the car, took a stethoscope and pounded...
  5. D

1991 ls400 front suspension nightmare!

I have a 1991 lexus ls400 that I purchased from a 2nd owner home. The car (other than cruise control not working) was in mint shape, with perfect leather interior (even perfect steering wheel leather). I have had the car just over 2 yrs and I am now at just over 159k miles. I update the...
  6. D

ls400 parts i need drivers rear cv axle drivers rear carrier/lateral arm i need fron strut bars/rods with bushings I WAS GOING TO ASK FOR A FRONT BUMPER battery cover trunk flashlight front springs rack an pinion please call 619 - two five two- two three five five
  7. D

aux input with factory headunit cd changer

cd changer use a 555 timer to pulse the resistance repeatedly to keep in it on the cd input otherwise, they make adpaters for this...
  8. D

part out how much for flashlight in the trunk at the (2) front springs? How many miles on the car?
  9. D

best surf/4runner for 1uz

mounts what's the latest on getting engine swap mounts brackets from cartune?
  10. D

1uz into 1988 v6 4X4 5spd 4Runner

bellhousing Here is the bellhousing that I am considering.
  11. D

Ballistic brick

van nice job! I'd like to see an 80's toyota van here in the states with a jz series motort in it..
  12. D

1uz 4runner swap Here is the oil pan solution that I am considering, except rather than welded, bolted.
  13. D

1uz 4unner swap 4runner underhood with 4wd front diff flywheel 1uz flexplate vs flywheel ring gear This is the engine
  14. D

1uz 4unner swap 4runner underhood with 4wd front diff flywheel 1uz flexplate vs flywheel ring gear This is the engine
  15. D

1uz 4runner swap This is basically my 4runner This is the new ring gear location clutch 3vz pressure plate corrected flywheel on engine
  16. D

OK, I purchased this 4runner about 5 years ago and was originally going to go 7m swap. I knew I didn’t want ANY 4 cyl and knew the 5vzfe swap was expensive but easy. I also know that I didn't want to bulge the hood. So after inspiration from SUPERRUNNER and a few others, I set out to go 7m and...
  17. D

Your input on LS400 manual appreciated

manual is there a u-send it or photobucket? That would work good for me. [email protected]
  18. D

manual 1)brake section 2) the audio wiring diagrams and 3)original lexus overall toyota wiring diagrams as i'm doing a swap. Thanks
  19. D

ls400 serviec manual anyone have one for 89-93 ls400? need pdfs Thanks!
  20. D

1gz-fe engine specs?

v12 cribbj, you sya you know several guys running that engine? Any ideas on a good source on where to get them? Thanks