Search results

1. EIL_V8

Toyota Soarer V8 Hydraulic fan leaking. May convert to electric fans. (Lexus SC400).

Hi guys, I have an issue. The 1UZ Soarer hydro fan seems to be leaking from somewhere... It appears the hose clamps may be bad on the pump outlets as that's where the gunk is but I cannot see the problem properly so the car is booked in on the 11th to be checked. I suspect a failed pump...
  2. EIL_V8

Dashboard installation (covers under steering wheel) help needed please.

Hey guys, I had my car not cranking for a while due to the starter wire melting, and in that time I had a mechanic take the covers under the steering wheel off to test the ignition and everything. Right now everything underneath the steering wheel (ignition) is hanging down supported by the...
  3. EIL_V8

I use copper/nickel spark plugs in my Soarer (Sc 400). Cheapest available. Runs great!

I am using BKR6E-11 NGK spark plugs in my 1uzfe (1991 UZZ31 JDM Soarer). They claim to last 25,000 miles. I feel the car performs better than with iridium and double platinum plugs. Anyone that needs a plug change might want to check these out. It should also be noted that race cars use...
  4. EIL_V8

Fuel pump won't work - but works when 12V applied from battery.

Hi again guys, I have another problem with my UZZ31 if you could lend some advice. Here's the issue: (Updated). One day the car refused to fire. Cranks but won't fire. No fuel delivery. Swapping the main relay with the dimmer relay does nothing. Other fuses seem good in engine bay... Applying...
  5. EIL_V8

What is correct part number for top idler pulley of 1991 Toyota Soarer UZZ31 with 1uzfe engine?

Just a quick question if anyone can help, cannot seem to find it online... What is the correct part number for the top idler pulley on a 1uzfe engine (for uzz31 toyota soarer 1991). Pulley is grooved. I tried Nuline EP115 or something from Ebay but the bracket thing is too big and rubs the...
  6. EIL_V8

UZZ31 Soarer won't crank. Dash lights turn off when cranking. Help please... :(

Hi guys, I have a bit of a problem. UZZ31 Toyota Soarer from 1991. Just had timing belt + water pump installed by Australian mobile mechanic company "Lube Mobile". Worst job ever! DO NOT TRUST THESE CLOWNS WITH YOUR VEHICLE! Mechanic put water pump gasket on wrong, couldn't work out timing...