Search results

1. B

overheating V8

Thanks Rod, Yep, it was the thermostat, but with the extra water pressure put on the engine block, it burst the weak welsh plug at the rear between the block and firewall. If anyone has any slick trick I can use to fix this without removing the motor would be great. I only have car ramps and...
  2. B

overheating V8

Hi, I've been working slowly over the last few months re-commissioning V8 Soarer ,91 with the help of Lextreme. I am almost there, it still runs a bit rough sometimes, but getting there. But now it overheats after about 10 kms. with warning chimes and steam. The steam comes through the overflow...
  3. B

Rough under load

Thanks Gloverman, I'm not up to "modern" electronics, I'm old school. I will check fuel flow, pardon my ignorance but does AFM stand for air flow meter? I should be able to check ECU, I've had this car for about 15 years and this is the first time I've had to do anything to it.
  4. B

Rough under load

Hi, I am re-commissioning my 91 Soarer 1uz after 2 1/2 years off the road. I have replaced the coils , dissy caps, rotors, and fuel. It runs very rough at low throttle until you get to about 2500 rpm. then it takes off like a rocket. I removed the air filter and it's still the same. Any...
  5. B

91 V8 Soarer, Air suspension

I have just replaced the rear r/h air bag. The suspension pumped to half way and then stopped, no power, I checked the fuse under the bonnet, it's OK. I checked the fuse box in the footwell , the cover says there is a fuse, but it is not there, either in the box or next to it. Can anyone help...
  6. B

Rough runner

Hi Rod, Thanks for prompt reply. I removed one dissy cap and found the rotor arm almost disintegrated, Do you know where I can get new caps and rotors, I'm in N.E.Victoria Aust. Thanks again, this is a great forum. Baz
  7. B

Rough runner

Hi I'm new here, My 1991 Soarer v8 runs on 5 or 6 cylinders, I have replaced both coil packs with new ones. I originally washed the motor which left water around some plugs causing a misfire, I have dried the plugs and it ran fine for a day, now it starts but runs very rough. The car has only...