Search results

1. 8

3UZ in 86.5 MKIII (Need some Direction)

Sigh... I've been trying to learn as much as I can from that channel actually... and Kelvin's videos have been tremendously helpful so far. There's just a few gaps in the info. I know that my questions are entry level, I'm just trying to find a jumping off point. I'm going to have someone...
  2. 8

Hello again, Things are moving along somewhat, I've got a partner in crime to help me... paying my cousin to do some fab work and various other things. I've also purchased the intake assembly and various other doodads. Anyways, I'm currently trying to determine what I need for the fuel...
  3. 8

Solid advice, thank you.
  4. 8

Thanks! Hopefully I can cram it all in there. I'm actually running a w58, but maybe I'll just play it safe.
  5. 8

Hello again. I'm a little further along on my project, and have purchased a JDM 3uz finally. I had a couple questions about the intake. Do I need the entire assembly including hoses, filter box, etc in order to use the retune, or can I shorten it a little/use a different filter? I am concerned...
  6. 8

Well, I've decided to go with electric fans...Lol. Its just too much work to try and figure out what combination of OEM gizmos will fit in there. Sounds like Ford Contour fans might fit, they flow 3500cfm and my cousin can fab a shroud or move the rad mounts if needed. Whew at least something is...
  7. 8

That's ok, I'm still in the planning phase. That is encouraging. I found a list of JZA70 hydro pn's. The assembly has a bit more to it than I hoped lol. It sounds like there are several usdm cars that use hydro fans, so it should be just a matter of finding which parts play nice together.
  8. 8

Ok, I've watched the whole series. I have a couple questions... You mentioned keeping the hydro fan setup for most applications, can you elaborate on that? I read in the V8 swap tut Lextreme posted that one guy used a JZA70 rad/hydro fan. Those are a bit hard to find in the USA. I found one for...
  9. 8

Excellent. I'm not entirely sure what stock headers I will be using just yet (mostly space issues), are they all close enough in flow, or would you need the exact one the motor comes with? Can a lightened flywheel be used? Just to clarify, it is possible to use a cable throttle with your...
  10. 8

Would such a service require in person tuning?
  11. 8

Thanks for the info, that's good news. I'll most likely be in need of your services in the near future. There are plenty of older 1uz's here, but many have been rotting in a scrap yard. 3uz's are harder to find. Looks like I'm probably going to be using a 2004+ motor, maybe a JDM. I don't need...
  12. 8

Hello gloverman, thanks for that! I've glossed over your series, looks like I'll have to review some more before asking you more questions ;). Thanks for the quick response, and for the videos!
  13. 8

Hello folks, Been reading around these forums for a while now, and finally decided to post. I have a variety of goals for my build, and was hoping to get some direction on a few details I'm fuzzy on. Quick info about the car: I have an 86.5 MKIII Supra N/A in dark blue metallic, blue interior...