Search results

1. J1000

1ur ecu tune?

How do you know which ones? Is it something I can DIY or do I need professional tools?
  2. J1000

Toyota Sequoia 2UZ-FE Engine Swap

2 options easiest first: 1 - Swap black plastic intake manifold from VVTI onto your engine and 12-hole fuel injectors like these: https://amzn.to/3c0kNyC that will gain you some HP not quite what VVTI makes but closer. Add some headers and you'll be there. 2 - Yes swap in the VVTI motor but...
  3. J1000

1ur ecu tune?

2UZ VVTI ECU can it be reprogrammed?
  4. J1000

Catastrophic Failure, 2uzfe. Rebuild questions

It's been running great, no hiccups at all since installed. Added a cat back exhaust and picked up some more power too. Using the factory ECU and 5 speed automatic transmission still.
  5. J1000

3UZ VVTI cams in 2UZ VVTI

I tried to use Toyodiy to figure it out but could only get a list of factory parts. I guess it will remain a mystery.
  6. J1000

Ok but not 2UZ?
  7. J1000

Will 3UZ VVTI cams drop into a 2UZ VVTI? Has it been done? Has anyone measured the lobes to compare? What about 1UZ VVTI I believe they are different and won't work? Thanks. Looking for a low-cost option vs. custom cams just to see what is possible.
  8. J1000

M122 Northstar Supercharger Adapter

Nice find on the blower. I agree it is an amazing price also includes intercooler. If you can 3D model an adapter then it could be CNCd. I'd buy one for sure if someone made it for 2uz. I would think one could just design an intermediary piece that would match up the ports between the heads and...
  9. J1000

Tundra 2UZ turbo kits

There are several turbo kits on ebay, some look better than others: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=tundra+turbo&_sacat=0 You can use a standalone or get a piggyback. On my Land Cruiser 4.7L I am using a MAP ECU3: Other things I would do for turbo kit: AEM...
  10. J1000

2uz powerd Toyota Tacoma

You can install a piggyback ECU on your truck which will allow the stock ECU to run the engine like normal except for when you are in boost then the piggyback will increase fuel and adjust timing according to your custom tune. Check out my video:
  11. J1000

2uz tuning stock ecu

I went with a MAP ECU3 install on my LX470:
  12. J1000

85 pickup - 1UZ swap with R150 transmision, MS3X stand alone ECU and 112 supercharger.

This project is totally awesome I just found it today but I will be sticking with it.
  13. J1000

Where can i find parts for the Celsior 3uzfe

This guy has some gnarly turbo cams and intake plenum for 1/2/3/UZ: https://www.ebay.com/sch/stevewill/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from= I thought I'd give him a plug because he gave me a good deal on his valve springs. The cams are designed for 4000+ RPM top end with turbo and I'm trying to...
  14. J1000

2uz engine modification

Get a tunable ECU like MAP ECU3, use black plastic intake from later model 2UZ, headers and exhaust (Pace Maker headers look awesome), and then get some cams like Kelford. I think that's pretty much 300hp+ territory. That's my plan. Add a turbo or TRD supercharger and you're off.
  15. J1000

Catastrophic Failure, 2uzfe. Rebuild questions

Any updates? Have you gotten it tuned any further? I am very interested in your build because I want to do something similar with my 2007 LX470. I just installed a MAP ECU3. It was pretty easy and I think it will be able to control the modified 2UZ easily. I'm looking at cams next and the...