Search results

1. GT400

Trying to get the A/C Working

Been a long time since I've been on the forums! I'm now old and tired of being sweaty all the time just to drive my toy, and have been trying to get the A/C Working again. I've got the lines plumbed up, just trying to figure out the best way to wire it up to retain the original auto climate...
  2. GT400

need some help, probably electrical.

So as many of you know, i have been driving my 1UZ supra as a daily driver for a couple years. It has been doing fine recently, after finally solving my starting issues. Yesterday i was driving through a subdivision, at low speed, and the car turned off. just shut right down. I pulled to a...
  3. GT400

Need some help, no compression

over the last 3 weeks, i was busy changing a transmission in my 1uz mk3. finally got it done, but the car ran poorly when i started it up. i had replaced the valve cover gasket, so i thought i might have broken a plug wire so i replaced those. cyl 1 was still not firing so i replaced the fuel...
  4. GT400

temp gauge help please

i've been running a mechanical temp gauge on my car since i got it running, but finally fot the bug to fix the electric one. i read all the other threads i could find on the subject but still cant get it right. i tried the stock sensor, a new sensor, and a new supra sensor, and all three cause...
  5. GT400

Changin a starter tomorrow anyone need any pics or specs?

well after 17 years the starter on my motor is going. it starts fine when its cold, but once its hot, like running errands around town, it'll get hot and not start. So i'll be tearing into it tomorrow morning. i'm planning on doing a thorough cleaning of the intake, and getting templates and...
  6. GT400

Confusing issue on 2000 land cruiser with 2UZ

Hey guys, Ive got a 2000 Land cruiser with the 2uz v-8, which has just started running poorly. i originally thought the timing belt had jumped a tooth, because it was drivable, just stumbled a lot, both at idle and driving. the TB is right on the money and looks good. the check engine light...
  7. GT400

Am I running hot?

So i cant figure this car out... I've got a mechanical water temp gauge, mounted in the plug in the thermostat housing. this should be the hottest point in the cooling system. Around town the gauge reads anywhere from 190 - 210 degrees F. At highway speeds, it can reach near or just past...
  8. GT400

It's Alive!

A few of you have followed my swap a little bit, and a few have seen it on the street in the week ive been driving it, but for the rest of you, he it is. Its been a slow project, but it feel damn good to be driving it again. The car runs like a champ, though its not as fast as the turbo 6...
  9. GT400

Wanted Spare bolts

At some point over the last 6 months i have managed to lose half of the bolts for the tranny. I have 3 to mount it to the motor, and 3 for the torque converter. So if anyone has a spare set, let me know. im sure toyota wants an arm and a leg for them. Thanks. Daniel
  10. GT400

1uzfe into MA70 wiring question

i finally got my 1u into the car, now i just need to figure out how to get it running. i've still got the original fues box in the supra, which i see in other folks' completed swap, but i thinkim in over my head. If anyone can help me out, i'd love to hear this puppy run.
  11. GT400

o2 / exhaust question

First off i have searched, but apparently not for the right thing... I am in the process of fitting a 1uzfe into a mk3 supra, and and curious how people deal with aftermarket exhausts deal with the whole 4 o2 sensor thing. surely there are people running around with out cats... how does...
  12. GT400

1uzfe into my mk3 supra.

ok, so i know it can and has been done (www.v8supra.com). i only know of one, and know of none in the U.S., but i could be wrong. I pulled the motor, wiring harness, ecu, etc. out of an sc400 last week (which i got for a song). my goal is to have the motor running in stock trim by the end of...