Search results

1. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

+1 on the customer support. George stuck with me after the first one and kept me updated about what his plan was and when to expect a new ECU. I didn't have to "chase" him for anything along the way unlike some other vendors I've worked with. Having it for a few days now, I'm really over the...
  2. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Hey, just wanted to update the thread. I received the new ECU from all4swap.ru and it works flawlessly on my 06 SC430. The driving experience matches what chops said, It's fantastic and the transmission changes alone are worth it.
  3. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Just a quick update, George shipped the new ECU my way, might take a bit to go through customs. The first one I got from quantum felt really nice to drive, but as George said, it had A/C issues and some other quirks. Looking forward to the new one!
  4. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Got my tracking number, should be here Monday! Can't wait! Thanks to everyone!
  5. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Just a quick update... Quantum wrote me on Saturday (9/11) that the ECU was done and would ship on Sunday/Monday. Haven't gotten confirmation that it shipped or a tracking number yet, but hopefully it should be on the way. Very excited! Will share my experience when it arrives.
  6. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

With everything working 100%?
  7. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Just to keep the thread updated, I ordered the Quantum ECU for my 06 SC430. They didn't have a viable 06 SC core ECU so they sent me an ebay link to purchase the right one. I shipped it directly to them and it's out for delivery today. Starting to get very excited!
  8. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Thank you, that is very helpful. He replied yesterday confirming he has the 06+ SC430 ecu in stock. I placed my order yesterday. Just to confirm, this is the same thing that chops got from you, correct? VVTI tuning and all that?
  9. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

I think #2 is probably best. I contacted them on their website yesterday but I'm still waiting to hear back. A couple quick questions, on the quantum site they give you some options. (https://quantum-auto.com/ols/products/toyota-and-lexus-ecu-services) 1) Does "make manual" mean to convert to...
  10. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

The dimsport unit didn't work and after a lot of trying, we have given up on it. I strongly caution anyone who is considering getting involved with TTFS or Frank Smith. @George_R, I just emailed Quantum Auto to see how we arrange doing a 06 SC430 remap. If I need to find a spare ECU I can do...
  11. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

We're still working on getting the dimsport to work. We fixed the first problem we were having, but now we're getting an error on loading the MOD file. I'll let you know how it goes, but it's looking like it might work now.
  12. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

George, what is involved to do a 6-speed SC430? I'm having issues with the dimsport unit, if it turns out that it doesn't work, do I need to send you an ECU to remap? I would likely try to find a spare to ship you so I have my original to fallback on. Or do you have 6spd SC ECUs to sell...
  13. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

No worries Chops. Your car is coming along fantastically! Have you considered some slightly bigger wheels? I think it would look great and give you a little more traction too. The dimsport unit is a programming device that allows tuners to tune the OEM ecu. random question, but do you get...
  14. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Got a reply this morning, for the SC430 I would need to ship my ECU to Russia since it's a lot less common than the other 3uz ECUs. I decided to take the plunge with Frank Smith at TTFS, he's going to ship me a dimsport unit and we're going to do a remote dyno tune.
  15. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

George, I sent you an email on the site. (I don't get any emails from lextreme for some reason, so please reply there, I don't always see posts here quickly enough) Chops, is there anything I should know going in? or any special settings you told George? It sounds like yours came out really good.
  16. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Awesome review Chops! George, I didn't quite understand the pricing. $270 is to remove the immobilizer? Just curious, why would someone want that? Does the $150 require me to send you my ECU? I have a 06 SC430 if that matters (6AT). You mentioned expanding your business to NorCal, I'm in...
  17. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Funny enough, 2 hours later Frank called me back and explained his situation... I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because he has a good reputation and he was very sincere on the phone. He's going to be in my neck of the woods in May and he's going to tune it in person then. I'll...
  18. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

ChopsLS430, please post a review when you receive it. TTFS is a waste of time... I have so many calls/emails to them and Frank is completely unreachable. Question for George... Are you able to make all those transmission changes in the ECT PWR mode and leave the regular driving mode smooth...
  19. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

I just got off the phone with Simon at RR-Racing, now he says they can't do anything with a SC430. I emailed OVtune to see if they offer anything. I'm still chasing Frank at TTFS, apparently he was sick recently and now he's trying to catchup. If I just bought one of those dimsport devices...
  20. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

TTFS has been really hard to get ahold of... I'm emailing RR-Racing again to see if they offer remote tuning on a dyno. I really want a dyno tune if I can find a way to make that happen.