Search results

1. J

ECMs and Earths/Grounds

In building a new engine harness, what's the best way to deal with the numerous GNDs connecting to the ECM? On my 3UZ (6-speed) ECM: B2 (EC Chassis GND) C1 (E02 RHS cylinder head GND) C2 (E01 RHS cylinder head GND) D4 (ME01 RHS cylinder head GND) D6 (E03 LHS cylinder head GND) D28 (E2 sensor...
  2. J

3UZ Conversion and Air Conditioning

This relates to the later (6-speed) LS430 3UZ ECM. I'm trying to work out the wiring for the A/C on my Hiace H200 conversion. I want to use the vehicle's existing a/c, which (a) works and (b) includes an additional rear system. The Hiace compressor is different from the UZ-type (so it won't...
  3. J

Wiring Harness Options...

Wiring harnesses for the 1UZ-2UZ-3UZ engine conversions seem to fall into two categories: (a) modified OEM harnesses like those supplied by Gloverman (of this Forum), or (b) expensive but amazing works of art like those supplied by Chris at Phoenix Engine Management. But I'm wondering if there...
  4. J

3UZ Check Engine Light + Oil Pressure Light + Alternator Light

I've been inspired by Chris' videos (Phoenix Engine Management on YouTube), and I have decided to include an extra LED in my 3UZ fuse box for the CEL. As I understand it the CEL (or MIL) is triggered by a switched GND provided by the ECM, so duplicating this indicator in the fuse box or engine...
  5. J

LS430 Instrument Panel Swap

I'm using almost everything from a 2004-06 LS430 in my swap, including (I hope) the instrument panel. I've got the All4Swap MPX-GATE 1M interface module for certain functions, but I'm not yet sure how I'm going to integrate the instrument panel dimming feature into my vehicle. The LS430...
  6. J

LPG Conversions

I'm currently looking for a donor LS430 (2004-06), and it is clear from the numbers appearing in the ads that this car was a popular LPG conversion target for some time. I don't want an LPG-converted engine in my vehicle, so how hard would it be to revert the convert? Is it a simple matter of...
  7. J

Hiace Brake Upgrades

There's not a lot of information out there about upgrading the brakes on a H200 Hiace, but my recent experience driving in Germany on the Autobahns has convinced me that I need better front brakes! (And suspension, and of course, V8 power...) I've checked the OEM parts and dimensions, which...
  8. J

Silly but General Question about ECUs

I've been "preparing" for my particular swap for longer than I would have liked (thank you, Covid-19), but I still don't know how the engine's ECU and the vehicle's original ECU are supposed to work together (or not) after the conversion. (My swap is a UK LS430 6-speed into a JDM 2013 Toyota...
  9. J

Newer Hiace V8 Conversions

Hi, I'm the owner of a 2013 Hiace H200 van (3.0 turbo diesel, pic below) and I'm trying to determine if a V8 engine swap is feasible. Why? Because I like my (almost unique, in Europe) van, but I don't like diesels and I don't like slow vehicles of any kind. (There's also the issue of the...