Search results

1. J

ECMs and Earths/Grounds

Thanks, Rod. I hadn't realised the rivnut/ground issue; it seems there is a wide difference of opinion on this use of rivnuts (judging from various forums). I always make sure the surfaces (inside and out) are free of paint, and I use knurled and serrated stainless steel rivnuts to get the...
  2. J

ECMs and Earths/Grounds

In building a new engine harness, what's the best way to deal with the numerous GNDs connecting to the ECM? On my 3UZ (6-speed) ECM: B2 (EC Chassis GND) C1 (E02 RHS cylinder head GND) C2 (E01 RHS cylinder head GND) D4 (ME01 RHS cylinder head GND) D6 (E03 LHS cylinder head GND) D28 (E2 sensor...
  3. J

Need help finding ecu pinout diagram for a 1uzfe Nonvvti ecu

Chris Taylor: Phoenix Engine Management +44 (0)7957 713 564 He's also on YouTube and Facebook. Ciao, JZH
  4. J

reverse light

I don't know anything about the 5-speeds, but that should be your circuit. IIRC, the Neutral-Start switch N1 is on the trans. Ciao, JZH
  5. J

1UZ into E36

Hi Patrick, Did you use aluminium crush washers on those fittings, or Dowty seals? They're not under much pressure, but I would normally try to seal the surfaces as well as the threads. Ciao, JZH
  6. J

Update: How I built a 500hp electric supercharger and the challenges I had to overcome

Impressive. Did you do this work before Lithium batteries became a practical alternative? (Or are they still not practical for this application?) Ciao, JZH
  7. J

3UZ Conversion and Air Conditioning

Hmmm. Thinking about this again, P5 on the Hiace A/C Amplifier is an input, not an output, so it would not itself provide a (-) to the All4Swap box (which effectively controls the 3UZ engine speed via its CAN connection to the 3UZ ECM). So, for the All4Swap box I need to find a way to supply a...
  8. J

Thanks, George. I already have your LS430 instrument panel device, so in that case I can further simplify this diagram as shown below: (Of course, the various inputs to the All4Swap device will also be connected to, e.g., the LS430/3UZ ECM via CAN-H and CAN-L.) I don't think there would be...
  9. J

Does anyone know how to install a 3uz engine on a Range Rover Sport?

Well, this forum is not very active anymore, so you're probably going to be doing most of the work yourself! I've been planning a 3UZ conversion for my 2013 Hiace van for a few years, but I'm still not yet at the wrenching stage. However, I have slowly been accumulating information and...
  10. J

Need help finding ecu pinout diagram for a 1uzfe Nonvvti ecu

Finding the plugs shouldn't be a problem. I haven't looked at LS400 ECMs specifically, but once the Electrical Wiring Diagram suitable for the engine/ECM is located, the part numbers for the connector housings are listed there and can be ordered from Toyota or other sources. Toyota/Lexis also...
  11. J

This relates to the later (6-speed) LS430 3UZ ECM. I'm trying to work out the wiring for the A/C on my Hiace H200 conversion. I want to use the vehicle's existing a/c, which (a) works and (b) includes an additional rear system. The Hiace compressor is different from the UZ-type (so it won't...
  12. J

Wiring Harness Options...

I was also sceptical about the figure when I first saw it (in a Phoenix harness quote I was given), but there are a lot of wires going to the engine! In my current wiring diagram I count 87 from the three engine plugs, plus another 27 from other places (I have added several new sensors and this...
  13. J

Wiring Harness Options...

Wiring harnesses for the 1UZ-2UZ-3UZ engine conversions seem to fall into two categories: (a) modified OEM harnesses like those supplied by Gloverman (of this Forum), or (b) expensive but amazing works of art like those supplied by Chris at Phoenix Engine Management. But I'm wondering if there...
  14. J

Newer Hiace V8 Conversions

By way of update, I am still doing the world's most prepared Hiace V8 conversion--meaning that I still haven't started converting anything. But I am periodically revising my wiring diagram, designing something to solve a problem or investigating this or that, so when the opportunity finally...
  15. J

3UZ Check Engine Light + Oil Pressure Light + Alternator Light

I've been inspired by Chris' videos (Phoenix Engine Management on YouTube), and I have decided to include an extra LED in my 3UZ fuse box for the CEL. As I understand it the CEL (or MIL) is triggered by a switched GND provided by the ECM, so duplicating this indicator in the fuse box or engine...
  16. J

LS430 Instrument Panel Swap

I've now got an LS430 instrument panel to test, and it's now looking like the PWM circuit is in the D-S J/B ECU (which I don't have), because connecting the output of the LS430 dash panel rheostat to the ILL- pin of the panel doesn't really dim anything. (It jumps down to about 80% when I turn...
  17. J

Thanks, I plan to use a PWM-type dimmer from a Toyota, e.g., 84119-60100 (2002-09 Landcruiser wOptitron). I was wondering if anyone knew for sure how the LS430 panel is wired internally. JZH
  18. J

I'm using almost everything from a 2004-06 LS430 in my swap, including (I hope) the instrument panel. I've got the All4Swap MPX-GATE 1M interface module for certain functions, but I'm not yet sure how I'm going to integrate the instrument panel dimming feature into my vehicle. The LS430...
  19. J

LPG Conversions

Thanks, it sounds like there are potentially both good and bad aspects of doing this. Maybe if I stumble upon a deal I just cannot pass up I will have another look at it, but as I don't yet have any experience with a "normal" 3UZ engine, I should probably leave the task of reverting it back to...
  20. J

LPG Conversions

I'm currently looking for a donor LS430 (2004-06), and it is clear from the numbers appearing in the ads that this car was a popular LPG conversion target for some time. I don't want an LPG-converted engine in my vehicle, so how hard would it be to revert the convert? Is it a simple matter of...