Search results

1. S

Approaching first start on rebuilt 2UZ with Link ECU

Thank you for the follow up. I'm regrouping this week to figure out how far off I am from your model. I'll circle back when I have a few more answers. Thank you!
  2. S

Hello! Help me Obi-wan, you're my only hope! :) Here's the current status. I'm still getting a couple of sensors to add in, and haven't gotten to first start (though I've watched a couple of your videos on things like priming the oil pump...) I am indeed adding wideband sensors. I did not...
  3. S

Thank you, Ivan. Appreciate the feedback.
  4. S

Really helpful--thank you! One remaining question--I'm replacing the stock injectors. Would you recommend running the stock injectors for that initial pre-tune run-in, or not worry about it? Thanks!
  5. S

I've finally got my 4Runner motor back after dropping a valve on my rebuilt 2UZ. I did go with the heavier Kelford springs for the 208-B cams at Kelford's recommendation. I also added 650cc injectors and higher capacity fuel pump. I also added a Link G4X ecu and wired it in piggybacked with the...
  6. S

Engine Failure #2; less catastrophic

Key question--I believe stock valve springs were used, not heavy springs. Would that contribute to the issue?
  7. S

Here's the keeper that failed. Is this just a matter of switching to chromoly? Or does that just shift the pressure to the next weakest link? Thanks for your response!
  8. S

Been out of the picture for awhile after Covid sent my business for a spin and automotive activities went on a back burner. In the meantime--bad news. My 2UZ rebuild with Kelford cams seized before I got a chance to finish tuning it. Nothing dramatic--it just sounded like a stall after I started...
  9. S

Catastrophic Failure, 2uzfe. Rebuild questions

Got a few things to finish up. The idle is fine. But off the line is rough, unless you give it 80% or more throttle. If you try to roll it slow, it kind of bogs down, picks up, bogs down, picks up. Feels like maybe there's a feedback loop with the stock ECU reading/reacting to inputs, or not...
  10. S

Got it out on the first test run! You can see the alignment is askew and there's still tape on the grill before I finish painting it. Did a bunch of other updates and mods on the truck while waiting on the engine machining. The motor is definitely strong. It still has the stock ECU, so it's...
  11. S

Figured it out. It was a bad wire on the crankshaft positioning sensor. Codes clear.
  12. S

I got the truck fired up today, and it sounded fine except for an exhaust leak. But I'm getting P0300 codes on one side of the motor--P0301, P0303, P0305, P0307. Is that likely to be something like a camshaft sensor, or something else that would effect one side of the motor?
  13. S

Thanks for the feedback. Gloverman: I'll get the build sheets and post them for you. The engine was originally 9:1, but was built to 9.5:1, with forged internals. I got some additional suggestions from Josh at Kelford this afternoon. His suggestion for cranking up the oil pressure without...
  14. S

It's been awhile. I finally got my build together. Had a bit of a delay when the Kelford cams didn't initially fit. The exhausts were fine, but the intakes were different. There's apparently a variant in the 2uz vvti head in North America that is slightly different. I'll post Kiel's comments...
  15. S

Thanks. Great advice, as always.
  16. S

Cams are on the way, build will commence shortly. I'm going to be faced with a decision soon on ECU and would love some feedback. Link Xtreme seems to be the preferred ECU among Kelford fans. AEM Infinity is a bit more familiar to my tuner. Aside from brand preference, are there any significant...
  17. S

Quite happy to report that I placed the official purchase order today with Kelford. They're being milled this week and shipped out next, right on time. Josh couldn't have been more helpful. Really pleased. Web Cams, by contrast, literally wouldn't give me the time of day on the phone. When I...
  18. S

Got a helpful follow up from Josh at Kelford today, with a list of all the UZ cams they're shipping in 6 weeks, with specs. There's a road cam and set of springs will work with the stock heads and an ECU. Josh thinks that set up will put out up to 360hp without boost. Still a lot of other...
  19. S

I exchanged emails with Josh at Kelford. He said their 2uz VVTI cams will be on the market in 5-6 weeks. Also checking with Crower. I checked Isky (I have a set of their cams on my 65 mustang), but it looks like they have nothing for Toyota.
  20. S

Thanks. I'll check out Kelford.