Search results

1. C

Standalone ECU Running Lean, idle hunting and stalling

Update. I took your suggestion and increased the AFR table values to 10 from 14.7. Engine idle quit surging, and it was seemingly running smooth. In my endeavour to identify why, I figured out a part of the problem. For some reason, the idle air control valve stepper motor was interferring...
  2. C

Here is the link to watch the tuner studio gauges. If there are other parameters I should show please let me know. Thank you.
  3. C

I have blocked the air supply to the iacv, it still hunts. Do not believe it to be an air leak, but I need to get more starting fluid to confirm. If I hold the throttle open, the wideband sensor reads near 21 or 22 O2, and the engine is misfiring a lot. Could the O2 sensor need calibrating or...
  4. C

Forgot to mention the throttle position sensor is holding steady as well during the cyclic idle, at least what tuner studio is showing me.
  5. C

Good day all, I have a custom swap, 1992 toyota pickup, 5 speed, with the non vvti 1uzfe. I am running a MS3 Evo standalone ecu with a wideband O2 sensor, no maf, just map. Truck has been running great until a few days ago. Being a custom swap I dont know where to start looking, but hoping to...
  6. C

1uz swap, bad ecu?

Thanks for the tip. I just verified that E1 goes to ground on the block, and it has continuity. I tried jumping TE1 and E1 again and still no blinking light. What I dont understand is, so the ecu has power when I hook it up to the battery, at least pin W lights up. When I hook the jumper cables...
  7. C

1uz swap, bad ecu?

Good day all! I recently acquired a 1uz that I want to swap in to my 1992 Toyota Pickup, and I had a question about the ecu. I have Nigel Wades book on how to wire up the engine, and it says to verify the ecu is working by hooking up the pin that goes to BATT to 12volt+, then use an earth...