Search results

1. 88sogreatv8

Coolant temp high with a/c running?

will a mx83 radiator work in a mx73?
  2. 88sogreatv8

Also do you know anyone that sells a 3 core radiator for a mx73 Cressida. I bought mine from OPL and they are out of business. The Mx83 radiator has different mounting tabs
  3. 88sogreatv8

The a/c fan does come on automatically, it is the engine cooling fans i have on a switch. I also have a digital monitor that reads the coolant temp, voltage, and o2 data. I originally tried the thermistor, but kept having issues, so i bought a switch and it has worked well. I will say i found...
  4. 88sogreatv8

Ivan 129 by the way you have been very helpful many times now on this forever project. The engine came from a local salvage yard, I own a transmission shop so I have a good relationship with this yard . The engine came out of an 90’ LS400 with 80k original miles. The heads as far as I know have...
  5. 88sogreatv8

My temp on the 1uz usually runs around 87 to 95 degrees even on the hottest days with my 3 core alum radiator and duel fan setup. But when turning a/c on it climbs to sometimes 104. Is this normal. The compressor is always on i will add when the a/c button is pushed . Im not sure if the...
  6. 88sogreatv8

No Crank issues either operating temp or real cold

P Bateman . American Psycho? Nice... Anyway, so i dont think the battery is draining i did a battery test this morning and CCA's Voltage .. its all there Charging system looks good 13.84 V Cranking system is normal 11.48 V. Im almost convinced there is a grounding issue or a power issue from...
  7. 88sogreatv8

Ivan . It did it again to me this morning. The new battery was working great for 3 weeks now untill this morning. It just clicked. After a 3 second pause it fired up. I dont know why im killing batterys. The power connection to the the starter has great contact at the battery , and as far as i...
  8. 88sogreatv8

EG003-96 tsb any one familiar with this ?

REF: ENGINE NO.: EG003-96 DATE: OCTOBER 6, 1996 MODEL: LS 400 TITLE: LS 400 DRIVEABILITY IMPROVEMENT To improve driving smoothness at speeds above 40 miles per hour, the components have been changed. t does any one have any information on this. I have since updated my ecu with the...
  9. 88sogreatv8

loss of power no throttle response after driving on highway for 30+ mins

Replaced the ecu with the updated ecu 89661-50224 so far no issues
  10. 88sogreatv8

So update. The bypass switch did not work still had the no crank issue even with the ignition bypass. I feel so stupid lol . Last week couldnt get it to start in my garage, so i put my battery charger on it and immediately it fired up!! I grabbed a new battery and havnt had a issue since. Its...
  11. 88sogreatv8

Thank you Ivan , I will look into this and get back with you
  12. 88sogreatv8

Hi Folks , 88 Cressida Guy again with another issue on this forever project So recently the Cressida had devolved a random no crank, just a click click like the Bendix isn't extending . Since the starter was original to the engine from 95' i decided to just replaced it. I thought is was fixed...
  13. 88sogreatv8

1uz over heat issues

thank you for the information . I really appreciate it . i have since reversed the fans from pushing to pulling . i also found a 77 degree thermostat for a sc400 . i need a good hot day to confirm its fixed but, the help of the lexstreme forum and all its memebers has been a lifesaver!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. 88sogreatv8

1uz over heat issues

So what your saying is the hot air is blowing from the radiator is blowing onto the engine ? rather than out the front of the vehicle
  15. 88sogreatv8

1uz over heat issues

today i found a 77 degree thermostat for a sc400 so i decided might as well try. so replaced the the stat and will drive tomorrow. i did a little science experiment with the old one and it says 82 degrees Celsius and didnt open till 92 degeees!!! will update tomorrow
  16. 88sogreatv8

1uz over heat issues

i was check to make sure there aren't open holes anywhere. what do u think about replacing the oe thermostat with the trd performance.
  17. 88sogreatv8

1uz over heat issues

So i havnt changed the thermostat, but what i did do was remove the radiator shroud that i made from a piece of aluminum. I had it there for directing more air flow to the radiator,but i think i may have been causing heat issues. Not sure will re Evaluate as the temperature outside goes up...
  18. 88sogreatv8

1uz over heat issues

thank you for the technical information . to make the fan location clear. the fans are in-between the radiator and the engine not the radiator support. they are pushing air thru the radiator and a/c condenser and out the front grill. i am going to pull the thermostat this morning and check to...
  19. 88sogreatv8

1uz over heat issues

the fans are behind the radiator , i did 100% verify the fans are pushing thru the radiator. i have a replacement thermostat. i wanted to try the trd 70 degree or the mits 76 degree option ,but haven't ordered either. I do have a ls400 thermostat, but skeptical it will change anything especially...
  20. 88sogreatv8

1uz over heat issues

So 95 ls400 is overheating at idle. I have a 3 core radiator , and i did have just a 15" electric fan bolted directly to the radiator. It did ok ,but on hot days is would get up to 240f at idle. So i got a mishimoto dual fan setup with a shroud thinking it would help direct the heat better. Well...