Search results

1. E

reverse rotation on 1uz-fe is possible?

This doesn't make sense, since all the transaxle cars I've worked on all have normal left or counter clockwise rotating at flywheel engines. Sometimes you can flip the ring gear for a rotation correction. Other wise like the chevys the cam would need to run in the correct direction for the...
  2. E

Problem after standing 8 months

I wish we had no mice in the world, they are horrible pests. I had a trans am years ago that had the hood batting and wires ruined by them.
  3. E

Cracking sound in front suspension

are you talking about the aluminum crossmember that the engine sits on? Good catch I would not have thought of that one. The suspension would be the first thought, and never the cross member being loose. Was it on both sides or just one? Makes me want to check all mine now.
  4. E

Starter Motor R&R daunting task !! LS400

Sounds like a sticking solenoid. If it engages the ring gear teeth the flywheel or flex plate teeth are likely okay. Do they sound good when the starter is turning the engine?
  5. E

Starter Motor R&R daunting task !! LS400

For some people there is no savings diy. Unless you do your normal job for free as well. If you make $30 per hour at the normal job and it takes 2 days to do the starter and TB then you maybe money ahead. If it takes more the $1000 at the dealer is a good deal.
  6. E

Maybe someone has had this happen

West coast in US. I've been looking for a good one to swap in.
  7. E

Oil viscosity

I would not use anything under 10w-30 unless I lived in Alaska. At operating temp it has the viscosity of water, and a base oil of 5 is less.
  8. E

Maybe someone has had this happen

and has a solution. 1990 LS400 all stock. A while back when I started it, it ran great for 5 to 10 minutes, then it just died, started right back up and would run good only holding the throttle and maintaining over 1800 rpms or so. Let is cool down and did the same thing for many other...
  9. E

Quick delivery and quick Startup

So what was he using for an ecu?
  10. E

Will all ecu's interchange?

The only thing specific with those ECU's is if it has trac or not. The power train module does nothing with anything else. The air suspension has its own ecu, and abs has its own ecu. Hmmm but I would think the trac part of the power train ecu would need communication with the abs, since trac...
  11. E

Will all ecu's interchange?

From a 1990 to a 1992? I'm talking Trac ecu's.
  12. E

Machining Cams from scratch

If you want them to work right and last and not mess up the rest of the engine there is more to cam design and manufacture than just having a machine that can cut metal. You will need to calculate the accelerations for entry and exit ramps and the associated jerk. whoops just noticed how old...
  13. E

Diesel 1UZFE

Not true, there are diesel engines that are running under 14:1 to control NOx. http://www.popsci.com/cars/article/2013-02/how-mazda-reinvented-diesel-engine Just one example.
  14. E

Idle problem

The terminal ID's are usually in the cover.
  15. E

Looking inside a 1UZ ecu

Has anyone tried some home made pc based replacement controller? The difficult thing would be figuring out how to tie in all the optional things like ABS and Trac etc. On the old 1990 style ecu's.
  16. E

ECU question

I tried the 42 and it would not let the engine start, it kicked back on the attempt. I don't know if it is a good ecu though.
  17. E

ECU question

What do you mean by header plug? The O2 sensor? Yeah I agree with you about it should be fine with in the series of car. I'm going to open them up and compare and look for visible problems and may go ahead and try the newer ecu and see how it goes, I have asked this question in emails to a...
  18. E

ECU question

What do you mean by series/models? The car it self or the ecu? So far what I know is the numbers I mentioned refer to production date. The dealer site I found had a whole string of numbers for 90 to 92 and those 2 included in it that I listed. For 1990 up to 1992, so I'm guessing that alone...
  19. E

99' GS400 Wiring

What kind of race do you do with a 4 door car? Also how well do all those parts fit? Is it all pretty plug and play so to say, no cutting drilling etc? And a question if its just an off road that is race track only type of deal, why not go to a dedicated engine and transmission controller? It...
  20. E

ECU question

I agree, I know the 50020 is for the early 1990 LS400 up to date of somewhere around the 8th month that would likely put it into the 91 model year. And the 50042 runs into 92 and I think to the 8 or 9th month. The thing is everything I can think of on those years is all the same, except for...