Search results

1. S

Newer Hiace V8 Conversions

You may well find that DVLA/DVSA will rain on your parade when you swap an engine nowadays. If you swap like for like and just want an engine number change, you may just get away with no interference, BUT, if you want to change the capacity, AND, God forbid change fuel type also, you might have...
  2. S

SC400 oil filter housing ?

That would be brilliant. I have enough other things to keep me busy in the meantime !
  3. S

Bushwhacker, I never even thought of buying a new one ! Imagined it would be either unavailable of horrendously expensive. But it all depends on whether it would solve my problem !
  4. S

Its going into a Land Rover. I have 280mm between the crank centre and the chassis rail, so it would need to be less than that to allow for screwing a filter on and off, and also some clearance !
  5. S

I need it because I dont have too much space. They are NOT easy to get here in UK, and while I dont mind buying one if it fits into the space I have, and as it most likely would have to come from the US or Aus, the shipping will make it an expensive mistake ! I meant radially from the centre...
  6. S

Could someone tell me the measurement from the centre of the crankshaft to the oil filter mounting face (not including cooler if fitted) on a 1 UZFE engine in a SC400 (soarer ) please ?
  7. S

1UZFE to Hilux/Surf transfer box help ?

Oh Wow ! Now thats radical............to me anyways. How do you get the diffs to run the other way ? Upside down ? Makes my installation probs look like a walk in the park ! I wonder who it was that sent the pics then ?????? I have a SWB so rear prop with a Surf box would be running at...
  8. S

Hi Andrew A while back you kindly sent me some pics of your ZF adaptation, but I promptly lost it somehow. I am trying to work out whether it would be best to use the Aisin A341E already on the engine and adapt this to a Land Rover transfer box, including the speed sensors. OR, using a ZF...
  9. S

I am investigating the possibilties of adapting a Lexus A341E Autobox to something else............. On a Hilux/Surf (what they call it here in the UK ?) with an autobox, there is a alloy housing between the main gearbox housing, and the transfer box. The speed sensors sit inside it. I would...
  10. S

HELP ! U1ZE Transplant. What do I need ?

Thanks for that Bushwhacker, I will bear it in mind. Now that I have collected it, I need to get it physically fitted first, and there are several issues to solve first ! First one being, when you look at the gearbox from behind (its an A341E from an LS400) in the tail housing, there is a...
  11. S

Do you know what you are doing or are you hoping to wing it, like I am..? Well, I have done alien engine swaps before with old fashined American stuff, so I am ok with the mechanical stuff like having to make a sump pan, exhaust manifolds, gearbox adaptor etc, its just a matter of keeping it...
  12. S

Still not got round to removing the engine but will be shortly ! What about something like the diagnostic plug for the ECU ? Would that be useful to have, and if so, where would I find it on an LS400 ? Just out of interest and probably in the wrong section, but can the standard ECUs be...
  13. S

Thanks for the replies guys ! Probably going into a Land Rover 90, but I am a bit worried that it will not be torquey enough at the bottom end. I am not really interested in uber perfomance as such, more the reliability relative economy and smoothness of a (more) modern engine design. And...
  14. S

Right, new to all this, first post and getting a headache with information overload................... I cant seem to find a list as such, and would like some help with what I need to know ! A bit bewildered ATM Not thought about it before, but have the opportunity to strip the engine and...