Search results

1. Holmsey

Totally Dead!

Hi can anyone point me in the right direction. I have a 1993 LS400 engine/trans in my 1960 F100 pickup. Doesn't tick over when first started but fine once warm. So today I have just come to sell the Truck and the truck starts on the button as it always does. I'm sat in the truck with the excited...
  2. Holmsey

Engine Swap

Hi I have a 93 LS400 engine fitted to my 1960 F100. I also have a 95? LS400 engine. If I use the inlet, fuel rail etc from the 93 is the basic block the same? Reason is I have the ECU all wired and running on the 93 but tappets rattle and leaks oil from rockers. So thinking if the block heads...
  3. Holmsey

No power to starter

Hi All, if the ECU don't see 12v, will the ecu not send power to the starter? My 1UZ motor thats in my old pickup starts first crack every morning. But every now now and then there is no power sent to the starter, its totally dead. All the lights, fuel pump etc etc are working ok, there is just...
  4. Holmsey

Where's this wire go?

Hi been having a couple of starting problems and noticed this wire not connected to anything. Does anyone know where it should be wire to? It's the plug that goes to the cam and crank sensors.
  5. Holmsey

CamBelt Help!!

Hi All, what have I done wrong? I bought a cambelt kit fitted it a year or so back, Belt is a T190, I have also tried another belt 209 both same. Its in and old Truck and seemed to run good, though was bad on fuel and doesn't tick-over when cold. I hooked up a Vac gauge and it was low saying...
  6. Holmsey

low vacuum

Finally hooked up a vacuum gauge the other day. At tickover the vac is low and needle sits in the red, a slight increase in revs and it just about goes into the green. The red says late ignition timing. So can I advance the ignition timing on the cam belt? I did fit a new cambelt when I built...
  7. Holmsey

Fault code 12

Hi had this code a few week back. Checked wiring and crank position senor.. Cleared the code and voila the motor fired up.. Still not sure the problem was fixed permanently.. So could anyone tell me what is circuit One? As code says rpm signal circuit one any advice would be much appreciated...
  8. Holmsey

Fault code 12 Help!!

Hi all, been using my Truck with 1993 Lexus LS400 power for around 10months. Always started up first crack once or twice it has cut out, no tick over and then was reluctant to start, but always did after turning over for a few seconds Mostly while I've been using it it has started no problem...
  9. Holmsey

Base Map

Hi All, I have put a 1993 Lexus LS400 into my 1960 F100 Truck. It is terrible on fuel. I have code 7 and code 8 flashing. I have reset the TPS, to get it to read no resistance it is fully counter clockwise, it reads continuity at .4mm and open circuit at .8mm, so this should be right but it is...
  10. Holmsey

intermittent no idle

Hi this really is all that is stopping me enjoying my Lexus conversion now. It always needs a bit of throttle to start, wont just start on the button. sometimes it will idle ok, if I rev it and let the accelerator pedal return it usually cuts out. Then is often hard to restart, will start if I...
  11. Holmsey

O2 Sensors HELP!!!!!

Hi all, I have transplanted a 1993 Lexus LS400 engine and trans into my 1960 Ford F100 pickup. I am getting about 10mpg so suspect the oxygen sensors. The ones I have are the bolt in type with 4 wires. I have a spare 1995 engine that has the stainless exhaust manifolds (ones on Truck are heavy...
  12. Holmsey

Wont start Help!!

Hi guys I have transplanted a 1993 LS400 1uzfe engine and trans into a 1960 F100 American truck... I came to start it for the first time and it seemed to fire up straight away but only ran for a second or two and I had a massive fuel leak from the pulsating damper, I had the wrong seal fitted...
  13. Holmsey

Have you got one?

Hi guys I am transplanting an LS400 into 1960 Ford F100 Truck and I have a part missing. I need the air intake connector tube that goes from the throttle body to the maf sensor with pipe that fits the IAV... I have seen a tutorial on here for a conversion.. but would prefer the proper part...
  14. Holmsey

I need a Gasket set

Hi can anyone recommend somewhere I can get a 1993 LS400 gasket set. I really only need the inlet and sump gaskets. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Trying not to blow my brains out here ;o)
  15. Holmsey

Bushwacker?

Hi I have been trying to get intouch with Bushwacker who is on here, through private messages etc but I cant seem to get a reply. He offered to sort my 1993 LS400 engine/trans loom out for me So I have the minimum of wiring to do to get it running. I cant understand what i need to do. I...
  16. Holmsey

LS400 into 1960 F100 Where do I start?

Hi my name is Dave Holmes (Holmsey)... I have just bought a 1993 LS400 and I have a stock as a rock 1960 Ford F100 (American). I intend to fit a Jag front suspension unit and keep the original rear axle fitting a slider on the prop. I want to utilise as much of the Lexus as possible ie: engine...