Search results

1. D

Standalone ECU Megasquirt vacuum line for MAP sensor?

I would have thought the answer to this question would be all over the internet, but all I keep coming with is a vacuum line diagram for what looks like a 2JZ... After numerous running issues, I've finally decided to junk the stock ecu and loom and bought a pre-made MS and 1UZ loom. I've just...
  2. D

Random cutting out

Back to the forum with another problem... kinda forgotten I was a member... So been trying to track down a long-term issue, where the engine will just randomly die while driving. Does it at any revs, any speed and the rev counter immediately drops to zero. Often it will recover itself, as...
  3. D

Crank angle sensor (and related issues)

I have an intermittent problem, where the engine cuts out randomly, but will restart immediately and then drive fine. When it cuts out, the rev counter also drops to zero. I've had the ute at an auto sparky, who went through the wiring loom and sorted out some dodgy stuff (the guys who did...
  4. D

The V7 1UZ

Should really start a diagnostic thread, as it's not the plug lead like I thought. Symptoms: Misfire, dropping down a cylinder then clearing, finally dropping to 7 cylinders permanently after messing about with the leads (hence why I suspected that). Multimeter seemed to confirm, but...
  5. D

Noob Introduction

Hi, new to the forum, joining as I've recently bought a '91 2WD Hilux with a 1UZ conversion, done professionally for the previous owner (mostly a very good conversion, but needed a couple of things tidying up in the wiring). Currently also has an intermittent misfire (yet again I stop lurking...