Search results

1. V

1UZFE Powered Airplane

This is a couple of videos taken out of my latest aeroplane designed specifically as a Glider Towplane - once again with a 1UZFE, but this time using an Autoflight gearbox (to reduce the speed of the propellor) made in Hamilton, New Zealand. It was initially flown with a factory standard ECU...
  2. V

1UZFE Powered Airplane

I purposely over-designed the Belt drive PSRU and it can handle 1000hp. There's nothing like having heaps of redundancy in an aircraft... I;ve been running the motor at normally 3200 rpm in the cruise, but that was only because it was the smoothest rev for my nerves due to a slight vibration. I...
  3. V

1UZFE Powered Airplane

Hi, I'm been really busy over the last couple of weeks (and still am) so sorry for taking so long to reply. I actually now have two airplanes flying with 1UZFE's in them. One with a Gates Polychain PRSU (Propellor Speed Reduction Unit) and the other with a locally made (in New Zealand)...
  4. V

Random cutting out

Did you ever find out what was causing the problem?
  5. V

1uz in hilux power issue

The Tacho is driven off one of the ignitors (the one that has a wire connected for every pin - not the one with one less wire). If the tacho stops working, means there is a problem in that circuit... maybe even a faulty ignitor? You probably have the problem sorted by now anyway.
  6. V

Here's a genuine translated wiring diagram with pin-out for Crown UZS131.

Ok, thanks for the post. I'll no doubt hear back via email when you are in a good coverage area.
  7. V

Has anyone ordered parts from Lextreme recently?

Looks like most of you have missed this post: #1 Report Post Old 06-23-2013, 02:07 AM Lextreme Lextreme is offline Just call me "Lex" Join Date: Mar 2003 Location: City of Halos Posts: 12,046 Send a message via AIM to Lextreme Send a message via MSN to Lextreme Default...
  8. V

Hi samsdad, I've tried twice to email you via this system (since your last post above) but it appears you aren't getting them. Can you email me [email protected]?
  9. V

Thanks samsdad I have some pics and links to videos already on this page: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3645&page=14
  10. V

Wow!!! You have provided some terrific information here samsdad. If only I had heard this information way back. It would have saved me a small fortune plus a hell of a lot of time! I'll look at obtaining a Apexi SAFC-2 as this unit will obviously intercept and change the frequency output to...
  11. V

Sorry, for some reason I never got an email notifying me of your posts. Sure I may sound like I'm a T/A but it's all very well for you fellas that get paid to do this to make comments like that, but it's not just the $65 bucks that counts. When the money is going out faster than is coming in...
  12. V

He's very busy, but a good thought though... Does the OBD II model do the OBD-I as well?
  13. V

Thanks Gloverman, I don't have a scan tool, just individual instruments such as oscilloscopes, volt meters, etc., so it is very time consuming gathering all the data. Would you recommend I look at getting one? I vaguely remember seeing them on eBay and they were quite reasonably priced...
  14. V

Hi Gloverman. Many thanks for your post. The LEM5 I had didn't have the air temp function as it was an upgrade by Link to my original LEM1. I would have loved to have fitted a G4 but the cost was prohibitive, although if I was able to see into the future to the time and expense in trying to get...
  15. V

Yes, that and the ignition timing. Also it's ability to continue running if it loses the signals from various sensors, even if it reverts to a limp home mode.... at least that is what I've been led to believe these ECU's are capable of. If I've been misled, please correct me!
  16. V

I had thought of this, but at NZ$65.90 it was a bit much to experiment with and then find out it didn't work. Sounds as though you have tried it with success? It may sound like I'm a tight-wad, but if you knew how much money I have put into this project to date, then you'd understand! I had...
  17. V

I overlooked your comment on the SPD sensor to an injector pulse. I had tried that, and like you suggested might happen, the engine light would come on when you shut the throttle quickly and code 42 would come up again. This, as you suggest, was obviously the signal being lost due to the fuel...
  18. V

Thanks Sideshow, Great information of the connection from the Air Filter to the MAF, needing to be straight. This means the airflow needs to be flowing directly into the MAF with as little as possible turbulence. I had suspected this and this is why I had the Lycoming air filter foam at the...
  19. V

Thanks BlackUZZ31, They were useful in that it made me realise that my wide band sensor unit also has a data logger in it, so when I get time, I'll work out how to use it. (Rather busy at the moment) I finally was able to find a fine enough day and the time to run the plane up again and you...
  20. V

Thanks for your replies BlackUZZ31. The mixtures across the rest of the range are not too bad. As you'd know, the ECU trims the fuel mapping according to the O2 sensors (at least that's what I'm led to believe) and then adjusts it's memory to remember the setting... that is from just above idle...