Search results

1. C

Testing coils - help please.

Hi all, I know this is a well discussed topic. However I need some clarification please. I completed a 1uz conversion into my surf ages ago and all of a sudden it started to run rough. The engine rocks quite a lot. And accelerating feels rough. Like it's running on 4 cylinders. So the first...
  2. C

ln130 1uz stalling wiring issue

alright to all that were helping and following the car is now running, driving etc. The issues with my wiring that were intermittent were due to a few factors. 1: the biiigggg one was that my 1uz was out of a crown that seems to have no wiring diagrams for it on the net. So for a carton...
  3. C

Yer it's crazy. I have constant 12v to batt and b+. And switched 12 to igsw. Still no joy.
  4. C

Hmm fair enough. Thanks anyway. I'm really running out of ideas. Might try some import places to see if I can borrow one for a few hours with a deposit.
  5. C

Yer mate ill double check fuses. But like I said this car has been reliably starting for ages. And all of a sudden there is an issue. That's what's got us stumped.
  6. C

Checked my earths. I have a few. One off the passenger side going to the body and the batt. Then off going of the passenger back of head to the fire wall then one on the drivers side that goes to the body. Is the ecu ment to be grounded. No that really matters because I've ran it plenty of times...
  7. C

Yer STA is connected mate. I'm gunna go check the earths again.
  8. C

Yer sorry I ment ignitors. I'll take a good look tomorrow. What happens if my e2 is earthed to the body ?
  9. C

Tried it. Seems to be pulsing while the car was turning over but then died again!!! Arrrgghhh. Ok. Any one in Perth got a spare ecu and injectors that I can borrow for 5 mins to see what's goin on ? Cheers
  10. C

Ok. I'll get some leds and give it a try. Everything's worth a try.but I'm a lot happier that it's making power now, and driving like a regular car. What's the chances the ignitors are stuffed ? Thanks
  11. C

ok so got it running after hours of thinking " how can it be running then magically not?.." All it took was switching the plugs on the ignitors.. then it fired to life, now that the sense power wire is connected it seems to no longer be in the base map and seems to be running a lot better...
  12. C

Hahaha yer well It was running and perfect and by its self it's decided to start doing this shit. Yes did look messy but the photo didn't show the relays and fuse box etc. I've been able to organsie to try another ecu... Hopefully that will solve my issues. I like the project. Didn't want to pay...
  13. C

Yer mate it's got 12v at b+. But now it won't start... Crazy intermittent issues going on. Hmmmm anyother ideas ? Cheers
  14. C

Not the alternator. It's a power wire that gives 12v to the mass air flow meter and a few other engine sensors. Since I did that the car is now only logging codes 27,29, and 78. But it's idling very low and running quite rough.... :(
  15. C

Found sense power wire. Now only getting codes 14,27,29 and 78. 14 and 78 are irrelevant. Sense wire gets ignition 12v ?
  16. C

Well your right mate. It has the nuts to hold where a viscous fan would go. So must be a crown then. She is super temperamental. Getting code 14,21,27,28,29,31,78. Crazy thing. My mate that's done another one and has built about a million cars etc is getting a bit over it.
  17. C

Yes. Gave it ignition 12v and no change
  18. C

So If it's not a celsior what is it ? I just assumed it was because if the year, the fact that it's a 4 plug ecu. And it seems to match the ls400/celsior diagrams.... So the random stalling issue... Could that it be it being a sook because it's logging the o2 codes or does that sound more like...
  19. C

Ok well that's easy enough. Thanks mate. Any ideas on the other wires and what they do. Tracing wires is hard in these looms
  20. C

Hi guys, 90% finished this project months ago to point where it can drive etc. exhaust everything is done. starts easy. seems to idle a bit rough. Everything is as per stock. 96' celsior1uz using its original box. The issue is that it seems to run fine, drives etc then out of the blue it...