Search results

1. B

Back to Basics: 1UZFE Improvements

If more Americans knew how awesome these engines were we wouldn't be able to get them for so cheap! Shhhh.
  2. B

1uz into mx73 cressida

So finally received all my parts. Updates coming very soon. The transmission test fit/mutilation is currently underway
  3. B

I need a Gasket set

My buddy just ordered a gasket set from this site. It took about a month due to a little mix up but they're still selling them.
  4. B

I need a Gasket set

You know the site you are currently on sells them?
  5. B

1uz into mx73 cressida

Adapter plate arrived. Clutch Masters six puck Z33 transmission is too big for the x7 transmission tunnel So the tunnel mods have started
  6. B

Eliminating cats

Of course you can do it but you'll get a check engine light. The light doesn't hurt anything though.
  7. B

1uz into mx73 cressida

Sorry I didn't see this sooner I haven't been active here forever. My power steering just bolted up with the stock lines. Are you sure the lines that go to the radiator aren't transmission cooler lines? Anyway I sold my old transmission and adapter to my buddy who is putting a uz in his old...
  8. B

Cressida 1uz swap running terribly

Yes it was a giant furball lol. No the catalyst had busted and become an obstruction. I got the cat at a little Mexican exhaust shop super cheap. There was only about 3/4 of an inch cat material on each end and the rest was hollow. Very poor quality. Not sure If it melted and busted up or if I...
  9. B

Yes I checked all those things except getting the injectors cleaned. Sorry I didn't post more info, I didn't want to clog up the post too much. Found the issue. It was a very clogged cat
  10. B

I am aware of the codes and their meanings but like I said they've been there since the beginning. Could itreally take 5 months for the code to cause any problems?
  11. B

I've got an 88 cressida with a 90 ls400 1uz in it. It was running great for 4-5 months. One day on the way home from work I noticed it was a good bit slower than before. Over the next week it got worse and worse. Now I can't even drive it anywhere because its so slow. It's throwing codes 21 28...
  12. B

1uz into mx73 cressida

Check out this one. My buddy did the wiring for me so I won't be much help there. http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29128#p727866
  13. B

1uz into mx73 cressida

Anyway here's some more pics. This was it when I got it back. Too much rake for me Pulled the wheels off to adjust the sweet ground controls Got it much more even and stopped scraping on flat ground lol One more of the engine. Don't mind the clamp its temporary :p Now goal is...
  14. B

1uz into mx73 cressida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PwvC2ATNMQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player Quick vid of the gauge cluster and a little revving. This thing is a beast and I hope to get it to the track on the 10th
  15. B

1uz into mx73 cressida

Well it runs great but is throwing 3 codes. 2 o2 sensor codes and a knock sensor code. Knock sensor is completely snapped in half so that was to be expected. The o2 codes are being thrown because I've only got 2 of the 4 o2 sensors hooked up. Are any of these a big deal? As in do they pull...
  16. B

1uz into mx73 cressida

Well its a bit late now as I've already had a custom shaft made. I'll get better hd pics of where everything sits when I get the car back. Shifter still pops up where it should so it cant be too far off. Good to know about the booster for future projects though
  17. B

1uz into mx73 cressida

Yeah listen to and buy all your parts from this guy^ I am not doing the work now. Took it to a buddy who is much more skilled haha. He modified the stock header. Still looking for the tophat to make the ac work. The powersteering line just hooked right up. I got a one piece drive shaft made...
  18. B

1uz into mx73 cressida

Someone local is selling a greddy emanage blue for $200. Very tempted to pick it up for this thing. Anyone have any experience with them on an n/a 1uz?
  19. B

1uz into mx73 cressida

Wow I'm very happy to have a car people are interested in :) Plans are to get it running on stock electronics for now, make the ls400 gauge cluster work in the cressida, and have fully functioning ac and power steering. So excited for this 1uz. Everything I read about them makes them sound amazing
  20. B

1uz into mx73 cressida

Man I didn't think anyone here cared haha. Here's a pic of the act clutch bolted on Tranny bolted up Front of engine torn down. Replaced water pump and timing belt. Xcessive mounts bolted in and being baller Engine in but askew. Hitting the brake booster. taking the car to my buddy...