Search results

1. N

What Can i run on Stock internals on a 1UZ

You need cheep? I twin turboed the 1uz in my land cruiser total cost $28. I was given two WRX turbos (a mate with a workshop) I cut and welded up headers at the last pipe from head, drilled a hole and welded a pipe in the middle of the headers and made a flange and welded it to pipe, bolted...
  2. N

FI intake question for you guys.

Sorry justenGT8 I read your comment "A turbo is essentially the same...the only thing 'load' does for a turbo is provide more exhaust gas to drive the comp wheel" as saying a turbo is essentially the same.. as a supercharger and driven more by RPM.
  3. N

FI intake question for you guys.

Sorry justenGT8 a turbo is load dependant. How do you think the turbo on a stationary constant speed diesel engine (ie generator or pump engine) works. they dont have a throttle the pump just adds more fuel. It is not really the flow of gas that gives boost it is that under load there is more...
  4. N

Anyone close to 300hp on IUZFE motor with stock internals?

a friend of mine had his car put on new dyno and I think the figures were 280hp at the wheels and the dyno calculated crank hp at 310. thats a stock 1uz with hand made exhaust and indivual throttle bodies, links cpu and a lot of tuning. I will ask him for a copy of dyno sheet
  5. N

Hilux 1UZFE cooling questions

It may sound silly but make sure radiator is plumbed the right way. When I put mine in cruiser I put hose from thermostat housing to top of radiator as most engines are plumbed. but found out that this should go to the bottom of the rad.
  6. N

1uz cruiser

Yes WDoherty I did use the hydralic fan and think it is better than the electric one I was going to use.Man can it move some air. Jibbby, I am very happy with the way the cruiser goes. I have had 4x4 with 351c and found the torque fun to play with but for comp the power came on so early the...
  7. N

1uz cruiser

the standard cruiser mounts and made an adaptor to mount them to engine.
  8. N

Horse Power and Torque

What horsepower means is this: In Watt's judgement, one horse can do 33,000 foot-pounds of work every minute. So, imagine a horse raising coal out of a coal mine as shown above. A horse exerting 1 horsepower can raise 330 pounds of coal 100 feet in a minute, or 33 pounds of coal 1,000 feet in...
  9. N

1uz cruiser

finly got pics down to a size web will take
  10. N

1uz cruiser

Sorry it took so long I just got back in the country and took a couple of pics but late in the day and light was not so good and was in a rush. sorry pic to large I will try and reduce
  11. N

1uz cruiser

yep, tell me what you would like pic's of and I will send
  12. N

1uzfe into an FJ40

sorry I just tried that search and found nothing so just click on my name and find all posts by me. any other questions let me know. I may take time to reply as away a lot but i will reply
  13. N

1uzfe into an FJ40

yes I have done this. Do a search for BJ40 as I put 1uz in a diesel cruiser
  14. N

1uz cruiser

I had the flywheel made. I took in the flywheel from cruiser and flexy plate from 1uz and asked them to make one the same as the cruiser with bolt paten from 1uz flexy plate. note the new flywheel had to deeper because of the adapter plate and how much the crank pokes out from face the adaptor...
  15. N

1uz cruiser

some pics of flywheel and cluch
  16. N

1uz cruiser

Cluch was from 1981 diesel landcruiser. and can have all 4 wheels spinning with no slip so far.
  17. N

1uz cruiser

Swampymarsh If you don’t yet have motor try and get one with sump at the rear. I used one with sump at front and had to make new sump because of the diff. A mid sump would need a small amount of mod to fit. Before you take old motor out measure where it sits in the engine bay. In the 40...
  18. N

1uz cruiser

I wanted to use the cruiser clutch so made an adapter to go between 1uz and cruiser bell housing. The 3B engine that came out of the truck has a plate that goes between the engine and bell housing with a hole that just lets the crank poke through, the 1uz has a plate about 4 inches wide that...
  19. N

1uz cruiser

other pics when I get them from computer at work
  20. N

1uz cruiser

I have video how can put that so anyone can see??