Search results

1. EyesofThunder

Time for a fuel pump

My fuel pump went on the fritz when it got hot the last time (91F in very heavy rush hour Chicago traffic in a construction zone with no shoulders) and with 247k miles on the stock pump, I want to replace it before I have a worse issue. What would you recommend? Car is stock 98 GS400 VVTi.
  2. EyesofThunder

2UZ-FE Oil Cooler on 1UZ/3UZ-FE?

I have a 98 GS with a 1UZ-FE VVTi and I was thinking of adding the 2UZ Tundra oil cooler to do a couple things: 1. Warm cold oil. I am up north, so we have some pretty darn cold days here, and I start it up and head to 55-65 mph pretty quickly. 2. Ensure hot oil temps are controlled to...
  3. EyesofThunder

Wanted WTB: 90's LS400

Looking for a decent shape LS400 for my son, (he is paying). A decent driver car, not a perfect shape cream puff. PM me. We are 90 miles west of Chicago. Will travel reasonable distance if the deal is worth it.
  4. EyesofThunder

98 GS400 Intermediate pipe?

I am looking for a source on just the intermediate pipe, from after the cats to the front of the first muffler. I can't find anyone with just that. I don't want a cat back full exhaust system. Just the intermediate pipe. Ideas?
  5. EyesofThunder

Wanted Wanted: Intermediate exhaust pipes for 98 GS400

Looking for a good pipe to replace my 98 GS400 intermediate pipes (rusting). GS430 pipes are fine too.... Thanks!
  6. EyesofThunder

95 ls?

Friend is looking at a 95 LS, what is good/bad on them? Any trouble areas? If he doesn't get it, I might, would love to upgrade my wife's car to a LS.... Thanks!
  7. EyesofThunder

When to change valve springs?

Was wondering when most people consider changing valvsprings? My 1UZ-FE (VVTi) has stock springs and I am at 176k miles. I will be doing a timing belt/water pump this summer, but wonder if I should budget in new springs. I don't spin it high all the time, but would like to keep it in top...
  8. EyesofThunder

Lexus/Toyota V8 oil weights?

What is the OEM recommended oil weights for the Lex/Toy V8's around the world? Is it the same? In the US most all from 2006-up are 0W20 or 5W20. Before that was 5W30. But say in Australia, or Europe, or ? Is it the same oil weight recommendation? I have a 1UZ-FE in my 98 GS400 and...
  9. EyesofThunder

VVT and VVTi 1UZ-FE specs

I am looking for some details on the 1UZ-FE VVTi engine for my Desktop Dyno program. I need cyl head flow Chamber size Cam Specs (as much detail as possible) Once I get a good baseline I can do boosted models too. And if anyone has the 97 and older 1UZ-FE specs, I am open to doing them...
  10. EyesofThunder

Oil Pressure lines?

Anyone know if there is any place I can get oil from, not a lot, just for a bypass oil filter. Typically oil pressure sender is chosen, but wondered if there is any other place. Many of the GM engines in trucks or HD applications (LT1's) have factory oil cooler lines fittings built into the...
  11. EyesofThunder

Oil Filter Bypass or Block Bypass?

Anyone know on the 1UZ-FE is the oil filter bypass in the block or is it in the filter only? GM likes it in the block, I feel better and more reliable quality control there, being spin on filters you can get a wide range of quality and assembly, who knows if any good or not.....
  12. EyesofThunder

1UZ Bypass Oil Filter or Full Pressure?

Can't see the original thread, is it there?
  13. EyesofThunder

What oil filter do you use?

My GS4 (1UZ-FE) came with a small filter on it, this last change I put on the Wix 51516, the longer version, but when I was down there I noticed that it loks like a Wix 51515 might fit. That it the old Toy/old Ford big filter. Anyone ever use the bigger filter on a 1UZ-FE? I look at it this...
  14. EyesofThunder

System 1 Oil Filter

Anyone run a System 1 oil filter on a 1UZ-FE, 2UZ-FE or 3UZ-FE? Will it fit without mods or is there enough room around to spin it on or does it need to go remote? I am thinking of one for my 98 GS400 on the street and run a bypass filter for the really fine filtering.
  15. EyesofThunder

0W20 in a 1UZ-FE?

Friend of mine is a Lexus tech and we have been looking at the specs of the 1UZ-FE and the 1UR-FE/FSE and it looks like Lexus LOOSENED the specs for the 1UR-FE/FSE compared to the 1UZ-FE (89-00 at least). He has a 98 ES300 and has run 0W20 in his for the past couple years with zero issues and...
  16. EyesofThunder

Ls400?

Was thinking of recommending a LS400 (98-00) to my mom and dad who are thinking of selling a Honda minivan and get another car. They are older, but would like a comfy car again since they sold their Deville and got a Camry (boy was that a shock for a change!). So after having a GS400 now for...
  17. EyesofThunder

98-05 GS4 exhaust?

Anyone have a picture of the 98-05 GS400/GS430 exhaust?
  18. EyesofThunder

Piggyback ECU Piggyback ECU?

Where do I find out more on the piggyback ECU? I can't seem to really find anything at all. What can you do with them? Are they tuneable or ??
  19. EyesofThunder

1UZ with 3UZ shifter?

What does it take to make the 1UZFE cars (GS) have a manual shift pattern like the 01-05 3UZFE cars and the 98-00 2JZ cars (GS)? The shift buttons on the wheel I feel are a joke really. When I need them the wheel is turned, doesn't do me much good to go look for shift buttons when you are...
  20. EyesofThunder

Pulling Spark Plugs

I have a 1UZFE in my 98 GS400 and went to pull #1 spark plug out and it seemed very hard to pull out, I pulled the next plug (#3?) and it seemed better, but didn't come out with the ease that iron head engine plugs come out. Engine was cold when I tried to pull them. Any tips/advice? I don't...