Search results

1. D

Blocked Fuel Return Line?

I might check the hard line on the driver side engine bay where the hose connects to it. There are some bends before it goes below the firewall. When I was installing FMU, I had to move those lines and the hard line wanted to kink. If there was previous work done (engine pulled) the hard lines...
  2. D

1uz over heat issues

If you are still having issues, you should look into a possible BHG. Not as uncommon as you might think.Back in the USA, I lived in AZ and regularly pounded my 1uz, flooring it everywhere with AC on full up hills at when it was 115 degrees outside and never had overheating issues. Fast forward...
  3. D

Project Thread 1992 1uz in a 1996 sc400

I would first verify ECU is good...
  4. D

Update: How I built a 500hp electric supercharger and the challenges I had to overcome

I truthfully have no idea the horsepower..just the boost. And these are crank numbers not whp obviously. I have blown up a 2jzgte from not pulling timing and running high boost. Since I am running on stock ecu with upgraded injectors/FMU and vvti HG/arp studs, I doubt my motor will go before my...
  5. D

Update: How I built a 500hp electric supercharger and the challenges I had to overcome

Edit...after doing more research, it appears Torqueamp motors cannot be used more than 2 min continuously because the lithium batteries overheat. Lithium-ion batteries are actually very heat sensitive and must be regulated to prevent overcharging. In a trunk mount setup without good venting and...
  6. D

They are absolutely more practical from the power standpoint. From a cost standpoint, they are twice as expensive and a bit more difficult to source. Torqueamp actually does use a lithium battery but in my case since I live in Central America, I wanted to use a battery that is easily...
  7. D

The benefit is that you have 0 lag and can electronically control your turbo responsiveness and rpm without the usage of wastegates etc. The downside is that, unless you can harvest the exhaust gasses to recharge your batteries the way BMW managed to, you only activate the turbo on demand...
  8. D

Most guys use cheap ebay plastic knock offs and small blower motors that actual restrict the airflow. If you google Phantom supercharger you can find videos with actual dyno testing and proof of concept that they do work on small displacement engines. I took the concept and supersized...
  9. D

The only benefit is a scenario where there are no turbo manifolds available or there is no space for a traditional turbo. On an Sr20 it would be pointless.
  10. D

Ever since Knight Industries fitted a Paxton Supercharger powered by 3 electric motors and used it to increase a 1993 Dodge Viper R/T torque to 600hp from the stock 400hp, I have been fascinated with the concept. He ended up selling his product for $5500 but went bankrupt trying to develop a...
  11. D

Dropping compression for supercharger install

you can also drop compression with early model camry pistons
  12. D

No spark on only 2 dizzy cap points?

After replacing all this..still had problems. I finally opened the ECU and found burnt ribbon wiring was the culprit
  13. D

electric turbo/supercharger??

Guys, that is a piece of trash...,but it IS possible to create an electric supercharger that works . I know because I have done it. You have to overcome the following obstacles....a big enough turbo to flow the air, a motor powerful enough AND fast enough to spin a massive turbocharger at a...
  14. D

Electric turbo (one that works)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aM9oEHxs0Lc5HvS8HueEtGSNskSytLwj/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1icNVJDOeJc2_GjFSBiuUzP3yY8H37iie/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k8kvAha9ZI29BrbEhmkNkBXEq-fywKPn/view?usp=sharing In case anyone doubts I actually did this. I...
  15. D

Wanted WTB 1993 sc400 ECU -working

Anyone have a used working condition ECU. I don't want to pay $200 on ebay for one with no idea if it works.
  16. D

No spark on only 2 dizzy cap points?

Ended up being Crank Position Senor not on correctly. And I found my new NGK wires had been installed by mechanic without base underneath them at the Cams and they were chewed through. Replaced wires and problem went away for awhile but now its back
  17. D

Help, AFM trouble?

Now it's worse. I found that by unplugging AFM it ran fine although it was idling really high. So I assumed AFM was culprit..I ordered another from ebay that was supposedly tested. In the meantime I kept having problem starting car even with full battery. I added a ground to chassis and changed...
  18. D

Help, AFM trouble?

Thank you. so if no illumination then computer is culprit
  19. D

Help, AFM trouble?

lol. Thats first thing I did. And searched forums. If I can just get answer to that question, I can tell if MAF or computer is culprit.
  20. D

Help, AFM trouble?

Can someone answer please? If you unplug your MAF on 93-65 ls400/sc400, does check engine light come on?