Search results

1. A

Didnt someone make an external R154 shifter?

When i did a series of short shifter group buy/exchange on another forum i had the chance to look at w58 through to jza70 and jzz30 shifters, its a subtle difference, most people just bend them to suit.
  2. A

R154 Shifter Location

You would have to try your local dealer, it would be a similar amount at a guess. Mine was cheap, but i was lucky at the time.
  3. A

shifter extension

JZZ30 Soarer has remote R154 from 94-on JZX90 has remote R154 with the same shifter postion as Soarer. JZX100 has remote R154
  4. A

Didnt someone make an external R154 shifter?

Rather than cut and weld the gear retainer you can buy a new one to suit the Soarer location. Gear retainer 33570-24010
  5. A

R154 Shifter Location

You can modify the shifter position with factory parts. I have had the Soarer r154 fitted to my 1uz and the location was fine. I have now got a supra jza70 r154 and the parts to relocate that shifter position to the Soarer Genuine position , approx 2 inches further back. Part number...
  6. A

R154 to 1uz-fe adapter plate

Wouldn't the adaptors be the same? If it suits a W58 that came from a JZ engine and the r154 from a JZ, ok the penny has dropped. You want a 7M or JZ bellhousing or both?
  7. A

My UZ's boost limit

Drivetrain Loss is the same in my experience. I had 240rwkw in a Soarer 1jz auto, swapped transmissions and went for another dyno. No changes at all to the car apart from trans and ecu ( manual ecu swapped in) So no new plugs , oil, air filter, nothing! Result was 5rwkw less, due to a hotter...
  8. A

newbie after twin turbo advice

Apparently the WOlf 3d has been used quite successfully on the supercharger setups on the Soarers locally. Sounds like it might be worth waiting until you get the managment in place, unless you can get a lower psi wastegate on the turbos.
  9. A

Manual Conversion (SC400)

Compatible.
  10. A

The JZA 70 pedals have been made to work with modification. The JZA80 and JZZ30 pedals will fit. Of course the JZZ31.
  11. A

Standalone ECU Autronic SM4 on Soarer with auto tranny

To retain the uzz331 EMV screen functions they say its best to piggyback it in.
  12. A

Piggyback ECU Perfect Power ECU

You can keep up to date with it on Damiens site. http://www.v8soarer.com/
  13. A

I have saved the image off the EPC , but i haven't figured out how to upload it here yet. Well ok, i figured it out. hehehe
  14. A

Xirforever, i have been told that you can modify the shifter in the r154 with Toyota parts. the shifter housing unbolts from the top and the extension bar is unbolted with the longer Soarer variety replacing it. Put the new shifter housing on and you then have a Soarer shifter position. When...
  15. A

TT1UZ to HQ-HZ

WOW that is an indepth restoration/customisation!! Very impressive.
  16. A

Steam pipe Turbo manifolds

Very Nice work.
  17. A

Twin Turbo Setup

Would you run both compressor outlets into one FMIC inlet, or run the split intercooler with opposeing outlets? Twin GT28's MMMM tasty!
  18. A

Project Thread Project LS400T

Very Nice!! Thanks for documenting it so well. It makes it easier for guys like me to work out whats involved in doing a project like this! It sounds like its a stock engine with only a HG change for decompression. What Comp ratio is it now? What is the life expectancy of the engine under...