Search results

1. ernie

Parts LS400 breaking in ireland

Have two LS400's 95 & 96. I am keeping all mechanical components (I know I'm being greedy).:D Have some body panels, lights and interior parts no LCD panel's sorry interiors are cream leather with brown dash please text with wants and I will see what I can do. Text preferred due to...
  2. ernie

LS400 suspension

Just wondering if anyone knows if the springs and shocks from another model Lexus (eg Is200) or a Toyota will fit to the LS. I am building a project based on a 96 LS400 floorpan and need to drop the ride height a couple of inches but have two problems, first because of the difference in...
  3. ernie

Something unusual

Not quite sure where to put this. Came across this for sale recently in ireland, don't have the cash but would love it just for being so unusual. Its a Russian Volga Gaz 24 by the way. Says nothing about it in the add but wheels, exhaust, steering wheel, dashboard and seats all look like...
  4. ernie

Rebuild advice wanted

Hi all Just in the middle of a project at the moment and no rush on this yet. A recent track day has thrown up a little point. When finished the car will be mainly for street use with a few track days and a 100 shot of NOS now and again. With the availability of parts in Ireland I want...
  5. ernie

I need instruments

Copied from my project diary 1uz ford capri I really need help on this one folks. When I started the car after a few weeks standing due to the fuel tank being removed everything was normal. I was taking measurements and letting the engine warm up when I noticed that the instruments...
  6. ernie

1uz ford capri

Well I may as well get started on this as its not going to wright itself. Went looking for a reliable upgrade for my daily driver maybe two liter or so and came home with a complete ls400. Well I got reliable anyway, my wife might disagree about sensible (when she finds out). Didn't take...
  7. ernie

1uz ford capri

Hi folks, New to this site and as mentioned in my intro am starting into a project. I am putting the full floor pan from a 96 ls400 (ucf 20) under a mk3 ford capri body and keeping all the lexus wiring and running gear. At the moment I have 2 questions I hope someone can help with. First can...
  8. ernie

Hi all

Names Ernest and currently living in southern Ireland, had to join the forum due to compulsive shopping. Have a mk3 Ford Capri which needs a clutch and some engine work and had an idea "if I put in a modern Japanese engine it will be more powerful, unleaded friendly,more economical, reliable...