Search results

1. G

Garrett GT4292

I have a Garrett GT4292 I was thinking about using as a rear mount turbo on my 92 SC Anyone know anything about this turbo and if it would be worth a damn on a 4.0L V8 with remote setup
  2. G

auto trans squealling noise in gear.

My SC400 has a squalling noise coming from the transmission while its in gear at idle and stopped. you can bring the revs up right off idle and it will go away. It sounds just like a belt and pulley squeal noise, I even thought it was till I left it in gear with the parking brake on and put it...
  3. G

Torque Limited 1st gear?

Ive been trying to figure this out for a while. IS the sc400 torque limited in first gear? Its hard to describe it but when at WOT the car sounds and acts like it wants to go but feels like its being held back but something. ITs really dissappointing in first, and when shifting to 2nd gear it...
  4. G

sc400 X-pipe and stock mufflers

So i want to make my 92 SC400 a tad louder and get some more flow. I was thinking about running an X pipe in place of the Y pipe and run new pipes all the way to the stock mufflers getting rid of the center resonator and the 2 rears in front of the axles. Anyone think this is a good way to go...
  5. G

manual sc300 rear diff into sc400

ive read that the 92 sc400 has a 3.92 rear end gear ratio, would installing the 4.08 sc300 diff help much? How much would it make my speedo off and would it kill my highway cruising much? 3.92 to 4.08 doesnt seem like much of a change.
  6. G

New to the 1uz

Just bought me a 1992 SC400, bone stock except has 18" wheels on it. I just traded up, this is my daily driver that is replacing my 1992 geo storm. Problem im having is my geo storm smoked the SC, but I must admit my storm put down close to 250hp at the wheels and weighs near 2100lbs and got...