Search results

1. F

Twin Turbo 1UZ goodness!

2. F

Cylinder Head Porting

while we are finishing off a freshen up for the old engine, work for the new head has begun, in the way of a nice new port job for the heads, Jake @ Bain Racing has started on the new cylinder heads for the little Capri, these will be an integral part of getting us into the 7's with only a...
  3. F

ROSS or CP Pistons dealer?

am looking for a Ross or CP Pistons dealer if anyone knows any. we are looking to get a custom set of pistons made by either one of these 2, thinking a dealer would have a little more pull on a better price and getting them done faster?
  4. F

teardown of 1100hp+ Twin Turbo 1UZ

we pulled the motor out of BLK40T yesterday and are doing a freshen up, those that aren't familiar with the car, it's a 1UZ with Twin Garrett 62mm turbo's, it produces a smidge under 1200hp @ 30psi, the motor is in a Ford Capri has run as fast as 8.20@167 slicks, 3050lbs and 8.31@165mph on 275...
  5. F

Caltex e-Flex E85 vs BP Premium 98-octane

thought would just write up an interesting little comparison we have seen against the 2. we have recently changed our street tune from BP98 to Caltex E85. best the car could manage on BP98 and 22psi was a 9.02@151, with the E85 it's running the same times 8.9@152 with only 18psi (fairly fattish...
  6. F

1UZ powered car up for one of Oz's biggest modified car awards!

well guys, somehow we got nominated for one of Australia's major awards, the 2011 Street Machine of the Year. we are flattered to be up for the award especially as this is usually dominated by Elite Showcars, not street cars especially cars with Jap engines and DOHC, this is totally dominated by...
  7. F

is the 1UZ Lower intake manifold restrictive?

we don't think so. excellent power can be made using the lower intake manifold. we have discussed it with a few of the guys on www.v-eight.com and thought some people may find it of interest here as well. alot of people claim that the lower intake manifold restricts the ability of making power...
  8. F

what is a fair price for a set of 1UZ ported heads?

:phey guys, next year we are looking to start doing alot of stuff for the 1UZ's. first off the bat will be CNC heads, these are the same heads we use on our street/strip car. it's a relatively mild port, port matched to the factory bottom manifold (which we still run). the heads flow 289cfm @...
  9. F

Seller Feedback V&E Rigoli Racing for Tuning, Electricals & more

we had Vince do the tune on both our E85 Toyota powered cars a 1UZ TT makes 800+rwhp@26psi and a 2JZ Turbo that makes 900rwhp@36psi. Vince does an absolutely fantastic job, we had other tuners that tried and failed, we have had 5 or 6 mates now that use Vince also and all gave him the highest...
  10. F

Fabrication work from a Twin-Turbo 4.6L DOHC 32-valve engine full tube drag car!

was chatting with tuf_lux and XR8tt and they were saying maybe throw up some of the fab work that i have had done on my full tube chassis. the engine is not a Lexus/Toyota but it's still a nu skool 32-valve 4.6L Ford modular which i am twin turboing, it has 2 x Garrett GT42R's, we are chasing...
  11. F

Twin Turbo 1UZ 1970 Ford Capri street/strip car

hey guys, thought i would join up and tell u a little bit about our little conversion we have just completed stage 1 of the build. the car is owned by my brother it's a 1970 Ford Capri with a 4L 1UZ, twin Garrett GT35/40 .70 Compressor . 6 Exhaust turbo's, Ross Pistons, Argo rods, we run a...