Search results

1. R

Mid/Rear 1UZ FJ40 Concordia

It was a bit like falling down stairs and landing on your feet.....
  2. R

Rally Raid Stock 1UZ with a CT26 Turbo!!??

Though its probably been discussed a million times here, but just wanted to ask the question here because I am thinking about taking a stock 1UZ and putting on a CT26 turbo from a 1HDFT (4200cc 6 cyl Turbo diesel) Land Cruiser. The vehicle is an FJ40 which we use for desert rally raid in...
  3. R

How to kill a 1UZ Question?

Well, we run a 1UZ on a Land Cruiser FJ40 for desert racing with 4x4 and locked rear diffs. Recently, after 4 successful rally raid completions on our fifth heavy duty race we managed to finally kill the 1UZ. About 10 kms from the finish line, we heard some crackling sounds from the engine and...
  4. R

1UZ Issue at Full Engine Load!

Well, we seem to be having an issue with the engine cutting or missing at full load (driving in sand / up hard inclines etc). We are running a Denso fuel pump which I believe is out of a 2UZ / 1FZ Land Cruiser ( Part No. 23221-74110). Issue is quite apparent on linked video! It only started...
  5. R

Wiring my Stock 1UZ Again! Need Help Urgently!

Hi everyone! I am in the process of rewiring my 1UZ after the initial job done on it turned out to be quite problematic. Using stock ECU and the original loom that came with the engine which was in pretty bad shape and cut up. The electrical shop who did the wiring did not have 1UZ experience...
  6. R

1UZ Manual Trans - Rev Limiter Kicking in at ~5000RPM

We have done an Toyota LandCruiser FJ40 1UZ-FE conversion using a manual H150F TLC gear box. The FJ40 is running nicely except that the rev limiter which is kicking in rather early at around 5000rpm. Not sure if this is some remnants of traction control, auto trans or something else. Have...
  7. R

The 1UZ Land Cruiser FJ40 Build

The Lextreme forum has been the prime inspiration in going for the 1UZ-FE engine on our ongoing FJ40 Build. We are running an H150F manual transmission and TLC 70 series diffs (with 4 wheel disc brakes and eLockers). We have nearly completed the mechanical aspects and the car/jeep is on the...