Search results

1. S

Kick down switch wiring.

Does anybody happen to know which plug and pin no. the kickdown switch needs to be wired to? I'm nearing the end of my project now and it's the only thing I've not been able to wire up. I can't find anything relating to it in my wiring diagrams. From memory there's an earth and a green wire...
  2. S

1995 instrument binnacle

Hi all, I've lost the backlights to my needles and gauges, I know there's a fairly common problem with the capacitors on the earlier models but can't find much advice on mine. They worked perfect on the donor car and averything was lighting up at some point before I wired the ECU. The wiring...
  3. S

Please help.

Can anybody say why I'm having so much trouble getting my transmission and engine to bolt together? Every time I have to split the two they just don't seem to want to go back together, it goes most of the way in but then suddenly starts to bind and ends up trapping the flex plate if I try to go...
  4. S

Starting woes.

I'm nearing completion on my Land Rover 1uz conversion and can't seem to get the engine to run. I think I have all the relevant power supplies for the ECU and have power to the injectors, the igniters are well earthed but no power to the Crank or cam sensors. I've measured at the ECU aswell as...
  5. S

Air pressure sensor module.

I'm fitting a 1995 1uz into my Land Rover and got a couple of quick questions if anybody can help? There's an air pressure sensor module on the side of the engine, just in front of the EGR module, one side goes to the throttle body but I'm not sure where the other side goes to. Any ideas anyone...
  6. S

1uz into defender 90.

Hi all, I'm about to start a 1uz conversion on my LandRover D90, using the complete engine and 'box from a 1995 Ls400. So far I have a complete Ls400, a transfer case from a Surf (around '93 vintage) and collecting some Y61 axles very soon with diff. ratios of 4.66:1. Now by my calculations...