Search results

1. B

1st Gen (UCF11) with Exhaust Cut out Valve

Decided to see if one would fit, and what it would sound like. Feels a bit more powerful down low with the valve closed. But who knows what a Dyno would say, I'd be interested in getting it dyno'd actually before the car sells. With the Valve open, I can't tell. It's just really bloody loud...
  2. B

Exhaust Merging options and Scavenging

The Latest experiment.
  3. B

Hilux Double cab 1uzfe, Exhaust advise.

When I went from a twin system with balance pipe to a Y merge I noticed the power smooth out. Felt like I got some torque back from the balance pipe only system but it was also a bit quieter (butt dyno speaking). I posted a video in the exhaust thread with the 2 diff setups and the sound. I...
  4. B

Well long time no see! I've finally been able to reset my password. Someone new took over the forums? Anyhow I threw together a video that shows a bit more specifically the exhausts I used and how they sounded. I have a nicer condition Ucf11 now (cf pack) so this motor will probably be coming...
  5. B

I need something more like a Haltech platinum so I can raise the Rev limiter for those cams. I don't know if SAFC-2 will do it? I was planning on a Haltech PS1000/2000 also with mafless, removing the MAF is 10-15 hp gain itself I was told by a few people.
  6. B

http://youtu.be/0Rl628DAqGY Finally got a clip of the current setup. Tips aren't straight unfortunately.
  7. B

Need some advice, oldschool sound needed

Sorry to say it mate, but I don't think you'll get the sound you want from a 1JZ, the old school slapping comes from unbalanced pipes on V-engines due to the firing order. With all the exhaust coming through the same headers it's not going to get that old school sound, using a balance pipe of...
  8. B

Yah I would love to take out the middle muffler but I live in a block of apartments, and the noise would be far too loud for my neighbours, even if it did sound really nice. If I just replaced that with a pipe (providing the 2 y sections are ok) then I still need to find mufflers for the back...
  9. B

I haven't had a chance to jack it up yet, bit too low to get under and have a look. This muffler (for the middle) was the only solution apparently as mine wouldn't fit without hanging too low (I think it would have only just fit) but he mentioned when I first got there he didn't like using...
  10. B

Well, as much as I've been trying to convince myself that I like the new exhaust, I'm just not feeling it. It does have a nice sound at certain RPM, but it's still not the sound I was after, not sure if it's the setup or just the Genie Hotdog style muffler in the center, but it sounds a bit too...
  11. B

Sounds like they did the Job! My celsior is starting to act strange, running super rich when cold and sputters if I try to take off before it's warm. I think the ECU is getting confused, need to reset it I guess. Seems as though it's using some oil also, I had to top it up not long ago.
  12. B

I discovered the Y-pipes I supplied are still in the boxes in my car, I have no idea what sort of merges the guys at the shop used until I can get under my car to have a look.
  13. B

It's possible, I'll have to drop in to the shop sometime soon and we can have a look see, extractors would be a nice addition if it wasn't such a head ache in these things
  14. B

Well the new exhaust is done, It sounds far more exotic now with the new set up, and I gotta say I really like the sound of it under load, but the cammed idle has quietened down a load. The power curve has changed, where as I used to feel a surge of power at 3500 rpm, I can't quite feel that...
  15. B

Looks like the guy sent my the wrong damned Y-pipes, Too bloody expensive to send em back to the US and order new ones now..
  16. B

I think Y-Pipes have arrived from the US, now waiting on the tips and new muffler (no plural) all about half the cost it would have been locally. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a clip with a new exhaust. I have to leave room for a 2nd muffler/resonator in the middle pipe in case 1 muffler...
  17. B

Making a new Y pipe

That's about what I'm going to do with my system. 2" into 2.5" right behind the tranny. I've ordered Magnaflow Y-pipes though and going to get the shop to cut and weld mandrel bends onto the 2" entries. Go to toyodiy.com and search for exhaust parts to get an idea of the original design, or...
  18. B

Caltex e-Flex E85 vs BP Premium 98-octane

Yeah I've had a bit of a look around and don't see any e85 on pump. I might look into it after I have an aftermarket ECU, I don't think the stock ECU will provide enough fuel with the kelford cams as it is. At the moment bp98 is around $1.60. Edit: After some googling I've found that the WA...
  19. B

Hmm, well I guess I might stick to a simple cut-out system and have it there just for some extra noise. And see what sort of effect it has on a dyno when it eventually gets tuned.
  20. B

Hey JBrady, I had already considered the type of design you have drawn up but dismissed it as I don't see it possible to build that kind of system with the valves that are actually available on the market. If you have a look at the type of electronic valves that are around they are built into a...