Search results

1. D

Wiring Questions

Then you might as well do it properly. If you're spending the money a turbo etc, talk to gloverman about a full engine harness and ecu.
  2. D

Wiring Questions

What are you planning on doing? The plug in link ecu might be a better option.
  3. D

Soarer Fuel pump Controller (FPC) Replacement.

Hey Guys, I'm Making some Fuel Pump ECU replacements. It works with the standard Engine ECU and should be a direct replacement for the factory FPC. I have tested it with a UZZ31 ECU. It has the OEM connector, and is rated for at 20A. Version 1.0 is just On or Off, no two speed pump control...
  4. D

I need help finding a engine rebuild kit for my 95 1-uzfe

Ask Gloverman. He runs The Cartune Company in NZ. The Cartune Company - V8 Conversions & Upgrades - Performance Car Modifications
  5. D

ECU Repairers

I thought Kelvin sent ECUs to someone else for refirb. Please correct me if i'm wrong. If he does them himself, i wouldn't go elsewhere. But figured he would have better things to do than be a postman. I fully agree he deserves our support. I Don't know where he gets the time to do his work...
  6. D

ECU Repairers

Found this guy in NZ www.facebook.com/soarersurgeon Anyone used him?
  7. D

ECU Repairers

I'm looking for someone to repair / Service my UZZ31 Soarer ECU. I'm in Sydney (ish). Would be good to have a list of places that can do them properly. What experiences have you guys had with ECU repair places? Who uses the correct spec caps and who will just use Jaycar Caps? Cheers
  8. D

Link Ecu

Thanks Kelvin. Can you give me a price to supply one please. What case does it fit? Do you have a spare case kicking around? Cheers.
  9. D

Link Ecu

Just few questions about the link plug-in TS2JZX ECUs Has anyone used one? First up, will it run a 1UZ? The specs suggest it will with anything up to COP and full Sequential injection. Does the Link TS2JZX Plug in fit a Soarer/SC400 ecu case? Is there much repinning the ECU plugs needed to make...
  10. D

TDCL Data

Im playing with an arduino getting the data off the TDCL of a 92 soarer. i've found a bit of info here: file:///E:/Users/Owner/Downloads/OBD-I%20protocol%20description.PDF and here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=343492.0 Can anyone with a proper scan tool tell me what data they can...
  11. D

Soarer Cat Temp Sensor

On a 92 Soarer, Do the cat temp sensors do anything to the ECU? ( I have an Aus import UZZ31, I didnt think to get too much info before i scrapped the half cut) On my loom can see they go to the check connector CC0 and CC2 pins, and i assume the dash. ( its been a while since i attacked my...
  12. D

Help starting a 1uz that has not turned on for quite some time.

i've had issues with the main efi relay not triggering properly. I'm using the factory soarer fuse/relay box. Not sure if it is a dodgy relay or the ecu needing a rebuild and not putting out enough voltage on M-REL. my temporary fix was to put a jumper across the relay terminals when i want to...
  13. D

No power to fuel pump. Car cranks but won't start!

Im having this problem again. Just finished tidying up the wiring. Im only getting 4.5 - 5V across the main relay coil. (10.5 V with the relay unplugged), not enough to close the contacts. Relay earth is fine. Batt voltage is a little low, 11.8V. Its on charge now. Wondering if its an ECU earth...
  14. D

SC400 ECU wiring for conversion

Thanks mate. I setup industrial control systems (PLC's etc) for a living, so i do get this stuff. Would just wonder if the ECU cuts the fuel or timing when it tells the gearbox to change gears. I dont know if the ecu has that level of control.
  15. D

Back on topic... From checking the wiring diagrams, it looks like the ECU defaults to D when none of the other gear inputs are high.
  16. D

sounds like an interesting project. Was just thinking of having a pot connected to a stepper motor driver to close the sub-throttle. I'll post a schematic when i get round to working it out.
  17. D

Buy that man a beer

I still reckon i owe sideshow a beer or two for his past advice. Don't think i'm the only one. Hell, the poor bloke had to move to QLD and drink xxxx.
  18. D

Buy that man a beer

No worries, Hadn't thought of that. It wasn't supposed to be a set list, just wanted to show some appreciation for any of the professionals that go out of their way to share their knowledge with us. I'm open to suggestions of anyone else in this category.
  19. D

Because you usually chip in for requests for help. It is a UZZ31 w/ TRC. I'm thinking of leaving the TRC throttle hardware on, making up a controller and using it as a power limiter / valet mode sort of thing.