Search results

1. ivan129

Thread for A340E coolant adaptors

Bought some AN6 fittings today and can can confirm the threads are M14x1.5. Allows me to tuck the fittings in nice and close to the box.
  2. ivan129

Haltech and A341e

DBW 1 & 2 ops should be fine. They are 5A peak and 1A continous drive current. The hold current for those solenoids will be around 1A. Have you tried using the Haltech diagnostic menu to look at the state of the DBW 1 & 2 outputs and AVI input when selecting gears. I assume the PRND box connects...
  3. ivan129

Haltech and A341e

S1 & S2 have one side of their solenoids internally tied to chassis (Gnd) so to operate them you require a +ve voltage. From what I've read in the Toyota manual they can be operated using PWM signal but I saturate them with a fixed +12V. S3 & 4 have both side of the solenoid broken out to the...
  4. ivan129

Haltech and A341e

There should be no solenoids powered when in Park, Neutral or Reverse. Solenoids 1 & 2 are used for selecting gears 1 to 4. S3 is for TC lockup and S4 to reduce line pressure when shifting down gears.
  5. ivan129

Thread for A340E coolant adaptors

Does any one know the thread of the metal adaptors that screw into the side of an A340E? They look like they a close to being M14 x 1.5 but a die doesn't seem to fit on the thread. I'm wanting to replace them with AN6 adaptor fittings. Thanks
  6. ivan129

Wanted 1UZ Spark Plug Wire comb/bracket needed!

I have both sides if interested and still looking. Located in Aus.
  7. ivan129

2uzfe cometic head gasket

The guys at cometic gaskets provide great support (I've emailed them and asked questions b4) so why not jump on their website, click on contact and send m an email with your question. They are head gasket experts.
  8. ivan129

1997 1uz-fe missing

You should be able to identify which cylinder/s are missing by lifting off the plug lead/s from each spark plug while the engine is idling. The one/s that have the least affect on engine idle is/are most likely the cylinder/s that are missing. Pull that plug/s and you should then notice the plig...
  9. ivan129

running out of juice

Yea, bigger is always better, i guess. If doesn't work, you could try the blow thru process. :):)
  10. ivan129

running out of juice

To prime the system, u could try a vaccuum cleaner connected to the tail pipe.
  11. ivan129

"Coil on plug" coils for 1UZFE

Audi R8 red top coils work well Grounds should connect to Cylinder head.
  12. ivan129

Project Thread Looking for a standalone Drive By Wire system

For those who maybe interested in drive by wire. A friend found this controller "DBW Throttle controller | LDperformance" that will interface the DBW pedal and actuator and puts out a TPS signal so an older ECU can use DBW
  13. ivan129

Cat removal

Good luck with that idea. I'd suggest trying it on another cat first. I attempted to punch the guts out of my cats. Started with a hammer and punch / chisel. Gave up on that idea pretty quickly. Then I used a press in an attempt to push the guts out. That just compressed the cells into a...
  14. ivan129

Project Thread Looking for a standalone Drive By Wire system

Hi Everyone, Throwing this out there for information and ideas. I'm looking for a drive by wire system that can simulate a standard cable system that just provides a TPS signal to the ECU. The system needs to read the tps (1 or 2 outputs) from a DBW accelerator pedal, operate the actuator...
  15. ivan129

Cat removal

I run 1.625" primaries pipes into a 3" merge collector and a twin 2.25" mandrel bend stainless system. When I removed the cats (200 cell) the car picked up a little over 20KW at the wheels. The primary pipes didn't glow red under a full power pass afterwards so there must have been a...
  16. ivan129

Need A340 auto info to convert to manual

The connectors are accessable and have a release tab you need to press to remove them. Be careful as the connectors can become brittle and easy to break off the release tab. There are plenty of pictures of them if you google. If the connectors haven't been removed for sometime its always a good...
  17. ivan129

Manual conversion for A340 auto

This is my trans controller.
  18. ivan129

Need A340 auto info to convert to manual

This is what I built.
  19. ivan129

Manual conversion for A340 auto

Finished this project years ago and still running in the car today. Thought I did update the post, but maybe not. A standalone trans controller is not too hard too build. Its the control mechanism and software that takes time to develop. My unit uses an ardunino mega as the controller, purpose...