Search results

1. S

1uzfe dies while on the brakes

So i just picked up my first lexus! whoohoo 93 sc400 unmolested, 177k miles. picked her up for 1500 bucks. she has a cel 13 on (cps?) but has run and idled really well up untill i changed the back brake pads. now the brake pedal is stiff as hell but barely stops when im literally standing on...
  2. S

a turbo and a supercharger??

does anyone do this. i know semitrucks and such diesels have used biturbo set ups but what about a supercharger that takes car of the boost while the turbos spooling up? i dont know just something ive always thought of but nobodys ever said much about... THANKS!:D
  3. S

can anybody tell me what kinda turbos...

...these are and what they can do? this kit mentions s200, s256, s258, s362, s366, and s372. they would be going on a 4.7l 2uz with 1uz heads with vvti. always interested to hear what people have to say!:D
  4. S

98 celica, fryed fuses? worth the price?

I know this isn't about a v8 but i couldn't find anywhere else to ask for some info from some semipros!:p i've been looking for a good and cheap daily driver for a little while now and this car came into my life. Its a 98, non GT, celica with under 140k miles that runs and drives well since the...
  5. S

tranny, to driveshaft, to differential!?

so i've learned a lot from this forum and im thankful and so far i've planned on using a TKO but the amount of torque i'm probably going to make will be more than 600lbft and thats what the tkos rated for, according to the website. How would i beef the TKO up and secondly ive found a carbonfiber...
  6. S

Rear Mounted Turbo!?

My buddys going to be getting an SC at some point this year and he has this wild idea that hes going to mount a big single turbo out back by the dif or between the trans. and the dif.! isnt he going to loose significant amounts of boost because of the loss of heat and are these systems worth the...
  7. S

Newbie-Help With a Serious Build

Hi! My names tony and im resideing about 25 miles east of cleveland and last summer me and my gearhead buddy discovered the SC. I was quickly attracted to it because I love high performance luxury cars, my previous car was a 1998 Acura 2.3cl but the cops decided they wanted it.... The SC is...