Search results

1. S

Newbie-Help With a Serious Build

not trying to start another thread but the dreams becoming a reality. got my sc400. got income. just planning the details now. these are the basic components of my valve train. twin throttle bodies, twin FMICs...
  2. S

1uzfe dies while on the brakes

:cool:thanks for the reply dude. you prolly saved my life.
  3. S

bump, oh yea, cel code 13 on obd1 is either out of timing or a bad cam position sensor correct?
  4. S

So i just picked up my first lexus! whoohoo 93 sc400 unmolested, 177k miles. picked her up for 1500 bucks. she has a cel 13 on (cps?) but has run and idled really well up untill i changed the back brake pads. now the brake pedal is stiff as hell but barely stops when im literally standing on...
  5. S

Let Me Know What You Think: 2UZ-FE With Mods?

so what happens if you go turbo, intercooler, then supercharger then intake manifold? orrr supercharger then turbo then intercooler then intake manifold?
  6. S

im back and ready to build! haha! i blew my d.d. (00 civic) up so ive been spending buttloads of money and time with that and now that that project is done, im just about ready to start Soar-er-ing! hah! i still want a fully built 1uz/2uz hybrid! im sooo tired of dumping money into this 4...
  7. S

5.7 Tundra motor in SC300

wont fit with turbos according to lextreme, so im guessing that pretty much kills any kind of long headers, and probably kills any ideas for a supercharger unless youre trying to cut a nice trench into the center of youre pretty hood. so unless youre lookin for a streetable n/a the biggest...
  8. S

new Guy

what are you doing with the "shell" of the car? *edit:nevermind, your half an earth away*
  9. S

The Lexus Story

its on my birthday list! haha! thats sweet!
  10. S

a turbo and a supercharger??

holy crap.. thats a good point xr8tt, high comp twin turbos would probably be wicked fast and horribley hard to keep on the track lol.
  11. S

a turbo and a supercharger??

does anyone do this. i know semitrucks and such diesels have used biturbo set ups but what about a supercharger that takes car of the boost while the turbos spooling up? i dont know just something ive always thought of but nobodys ever said much about... THANKS!:D
  12. S

thanks for the help sc400tt, i currently do not have my lexus yet, aiming for summer at the latest... i have a basic build sheet now and it looks like this. 1997 sc400, vvti (i want to keep the vvti working), no security loom in the ecu harness. a brand new 2uz vvti block with a splayed and...
  13. S

i didnt attach these pics and ive never even seen them before....
  14. S

i was figuring an iron block 4.7 2uz, possibley with a stroker kit, 1uz heads. i wanted a functional vvti too, would those be compatable with variable valves? i have considered a supratt swap and i will push some numbers and see what i think but i like v8s a whole lot.
  15. S

Toyota recall

i was kinda figuring when what i was reading wasnt what i was hearing around here. i heard it was up to 8 vehicles and that they shut down production it was so bad... extra carpeting and people trying to cash still wouldnt be worth the loss of shutting down 8 entire plants... i dont know, just...
  16. S

ehh its a thought. im open to any v8 that fits and packs a punch, im kinda really interested in twin turbo set ups though, and while the ls1 is a hellofa platform im a big japanese engine fan, which engine is really more reliable though. i mean turbos always drives your chances of something...
  17. S

SC400 VVT-i BFI Mod does give you more power!

...really? you really think you picked up +10 hp?? i agree, put some cotton in your ears n try a freeway pull again....
  18. S

600hp 5.5 liter V8 Nissan GT-R GT1

do i spy latch style trunk latches? lol they were really tryna shed all the weight possible werent they?
  19. S

this car with this engine with those turbos, with this trans, hooked up to that driveshaft hooked up to that rear end! hahah plus a little bit of work and money...:eek: