Search results

1. Merxus Benz

1UZ to Mercedes 280E w114(/8) 1974. Its posible ???

The steering rack is usually right in the way of the exhaust but also can foul on the side of the engine. Mercedes when doing v8 versions of their own cars push the engine further forward with a longer driveshaft. With the amount of engineering to get the suspension balanced right its easier to...
  2. Merxus Benz

How Hard Is It To Stop a Prius?

Its hard to know if this guy is just plain stupid or trying to get attention. "runaway car" the new reality show. But there are people out there who cannot deal with situations. They are usually the people who panic and get other people killed in disasters.
  3. Merxus Benz

How do i refit torque converter?

Engine is completely out of the car. Putting TC back on the gearbox by itself. Its a matter of the splines not being aligned not the oil pump. Something has moved either in the box or most likely in the converter.
  4. Merxus Benz

I have never had trouble like this putiing on a torque converter before. I have spent about 4 hours on it. Does anyone know if the two splines on the input shaft are independant? I do have a feeling that either one has moved or something has broken inside the torque converter itself. I have...
  5. Merxus Benz

340 box is earlier 1g model and has different spline, bugger.
  6. Merxus Benz

Have been mucking around with this for a while and have figured out that somehow the splines either in the torque convertor or gearbox have moved and no longer lining up. would this have damaged something? I came across a cheap a340 box the other day (i have the a341) from a supra i have been...
  7. Merxus Benz

avalon v8 engine swap??

Have you considered a 2GR-FE? it has around 270hp - 280 standard and has a trd supercharger upgrade available as well. They are surposed to be a newer version of the avalon / camry V6 but even if not it should still fit.
  8. Merxus Benz

Had to do something in the engine bay and in a hurry to get the project finished (as it has been dragging on for too long now) i removed the engine without thinking and didnt unbolt the torque convertor so it came out with it. Now im trying to refit it and it does'nt want to go. My question...
  9. Merxus Benz

Gilmer Drives

Interested as well.
  10. Merxus Benz

1uz in a 2001 BMW 540i

The bmw motor was copied from the lexus one anyway, no real point in doing the swap. There are several german tuners who modify this engine and there really is far more available for this than the 1uzfe. Also it has freer flowing heads due to a wider valve angle (Amongst over things) so it will...
  11. Merxus Benz

1uz in a 2001 BMW 540i

The bmw motor was copied from the lexus one anyway, no real point in doing the swap. There are several german tuners who modify this engine and there really is far more available for this than the 1uzfe. Also it has freer flowing heads due to a wider valve angle (Amongst over things) if you had...
  12. Merxus Benz

1uzfe into 1987 Mercedes w124 230e

Have got the car back from the engineers at a cost of just over 10k. Most of this was R&D and i wanted the commodore steering to work exactly as the original mercedes steering had. The only main difference is that the merc had a collapsible steering column which now sheers instead. The motor has...
  13. Merxus Benz

Generalised term same as shock absorber. Easier for someone using a translator.
  14. Merxus Benz

With either option the steering rack has to be replaced. http://www.mercules.com/ http://www.mercules.com/2008/06/powersteering-rack-panels/
  15. Merxus Benz

Ive got a copy of the wiring diagram for my car but most of it will be removed and replaced with the toyota stuff. Thats the easier part for me. The diagrams came in an aftermarket manual called Mercedes w124 1985-1995 owners workshop manual. It has a black and teal cover with a colour picture...
  16. Merxus Benz

Engineering is almost finished will cost slightly over 6k. Ouch. Half of that was adapting the steering. Mercedes certainly not the best recipient for a conversion.
  17. Merxus Benz

lexus v8 into a Mazda gen 2

Im assuming you mean an rx-7 Series 2. There have been a couple done. I think the search function is working again. Otherwise use google and that will also bring up links to this site.
  18. Merxus Benz

Just a quick couple of snaps of the car at the engineers on the hoist. Steering is still being modified hence the funny approach angle. Also the diff has been lowered 5mm to allow things to line up better.
  19. Merxus Benz

Diesel 1UZFE

All the v8s i know of in the landcruisers use a cast iron block. That would be easier to convert.
  20. Merxus Benz

Piggyback ECU Will a Piggyback raise the rev limit?

The specs list the rev limit as 5600 so lifting it to 6000 would be helpfull. Budget is not a problem and the car is getting a full exhaust. I would prefer to keep the original ecu for a variety of reasons. Being a jap import the speed restrictor has to be removed (limited to 180km/h no good for...