Search results

1. V

keeping the stock sc400 trans

So i'm in the middle of a interesting project. A 1uz in my buddies 87 dodge ram d150. The question is, i've never dealt with the stock auto trans. I have the ecu for it but i was wondering, if there is anything that needs to be wiring seperatly. It looks like the engine harness takes care of...
  2. V

Piggyback ECU maft pro

How many others are running a maft pro? i am trying to tune with part throttle tracking in open loop and want some advice
  3. V

timing?

This may be a stupid question, but i cant seem to find it anywhere. Can timing be adjusted on the 1uz motors? if so how? i'm assuming its all ecu controlled, but i want to make sure
  4. V

sub o2 sensor. where does it connect?

So i'm almost done with my swap and for the life of me i cant figure out where the sub o2 sensors harness is. does it come off the harness that goes to the trans?
  5. V

flushing out the coolant passages

So i bought my motor and i guess the previous owner left some antifreeze in the motor and it was sitting for 3 years. well all that antifreeze dried up leaving huge chunks of crap everywhere. so far i have gotten as much as i could out, i even changed the pump, but im not quite sure if i got...
  6. V

tell me which vsv's do what

Ok so i'm about to put my motor into my car and i want to know which vsv's. standing in front of the motor you have 1 on the passanger side next to the cam and then you have two on the driver's side next to the intake manifold. i know the one closest to me on the driver side is a charcoal...
  7. V

Wanted WTB 1uz water neck

i need a clean non corroded water neck. its the part that the thermostat sits in all the way to the head of the motor. lmk what you got. thanks
  8. V

Project Thread Bryan's Twin turbo'd 1uz Supra thread

I have a build thread already on supramania.com. but i figured i'd throw up some pictures here as well. As for some quick specs i will be using twin stock ct-26's i had leftover from my 7m motor. I will also be using a maftpro setup with 7mge green injectors (315cc i beleive). This is the same...
  9. V

Parts begi FMU for turbo conversions

Name: Bryan Item: Begi FMU for boosted applications Price: $100 shipped email: [email protected] Description: for sale is a used BEGI fmu.. it is in great working condition. comes with fuel line fittings and mounting bracket. This is a genuine begi unit...
  10. V

wont start on first try

this seems to be a odd issue, but i just swapped in my 1uz into my mkiii supra. as of right now its missing all the o2 sensors and there is no maft plugged in. The problem i'm having is the motor doesnt start on the first try. what it seems to do is the first 1-3 starts it will start then die...
  11. V

safc hook up

so i'm hooking up a safc into my 1uz swapped supra and i cant figure out what to do with the IGT wire. i only have a single wire from the safc for IGT, so do i connect it to igt1 or igt2 on the ecu?
  12. V

selecting the right FMU

so i have tons of questions for my new build and was wondering how do i select the right FMU? i know theres adjustables out there and there are also ones with preset ratios. is there any calculations u can do to come up with what i need to proceed in my TT 1uz project?
  13. V

keeping heat away from belts. ? for those turbo

so for those of you that have a front mounted turbo.. how do u keep the heat away from the belts?
  14. V

wiring harness differences? sc400

hey guys i'm new to the 1uz. but i am doing a 1uz swap into my supra and its from a 93 sc400. now i have the ecu but am missing the harness. the motor has TC. can i use a 92 sc400 harness?
  15. V

1uz wiring harnesses the same??

so i picked up a 1uz from a 93 sc400. it came with a ecu but the wiring harness is cut. can i used a harness from say a 93 ls400?
  16. V

Wanted WTB 1uz engine harness

hey guys i need a engine harness for a 1uz. the motor is from a 93 1uz if it matters. please contact me via pm or email [email protected]. im in NJ, but if your willing to ship let me know as well. thanks
  17. V

boosted 1uz in a mkiii

Hey guys so i am thinking about swapping a 1uz into my mkIII since i notice its a pretty straight foward swap, but i also want to boost it. My plans were to use two stock ct-26 turbos. From my understanding i can flip the stock headers around to face foward is that correct? also someone had...