Search results

1. T

ECU Need to start engine

The best guide anywhere is the one written by Nigel Slade which used to be hosted on the oldschool.co.nz forums https://f01.justanswer.com/RbZmAlHy/This+is+how+you+wire+up+a+1UZFE+Engine.pdf Cheers, Tony
  2. T

Wiring Diagram for 1996 LS400 wanted

Have you asked Lexus head office. They should be able to supply you a wiring diagram specific to your Vin number , Although they will probably charge. We did this some years ago and we were charged relatively peanuits per printed sheet. If you could work out just what circuit information is...
  3. T

Engine refuses to Rev.

It presently dies just as soon as the starter disengaes although previously it at least idled, albeit roughly. I'll check the 12v feed to the injectors when the engine fires but the feed to the ignition and injection comes from a common constant switched feed from the ignition switch whcih...
  4. T

Engine refuses to Rev.

The injectors are firing at start but then stop firing immediately the engine starts. The fuel injectors work at start but not in run. Put fuel down its neck and it runs happily. The ecu, injectors, engine and gearbox loom, ignitors and coils, induction plenum, throttle body, TPS, ICV all...
  5. T

Engine refuses to Rev.

Well tried a new efi temp sensor but the car still fires up but then refuses to run. Must be some form of wiring fault stopping fuel injectors firing. Time to start checking out each and every wire.............. Chers, Tony
  6. T

Engine refuses to Rev.

Yes I read that thread right at the beguinning of my problems. I fixed one Lexus Cobra this wekend that had a duff efi coolant sensor but which threw MAf and crank sensor fault codes . Learning from that experience I will now assume every sensor is knackered unless proven otherwise...
  7. T

Fast Idle but dying when driving

Finally got a chance to get over to my mates and have a look at this problematic cobra. MAF fault codes were now in ecvidence along with code 13 for tyhe crankshaft poosition sensor. Turns out it was a failed EFi coolant temperature sender. Put in a spare sender out of a spare engine and the...
  8. T

Engine refuses to Rev.

It doesn't have a cold start injector. So the injectors fire in fuel to start the thing but then stop firing at all. I'll be putting the cam sensors back in so it gets back to starting. Then I'll continue with the chasing down of the problem. Its a bit of a quandry isn't it. Cheers, Tony
  9. T

Engine refuses to Rev.

Changed the cam sensors and guess what........? The thing now wont start at all. Now nursing a beer 'cos tomorrow I will be reversing everything I have done today. I'm sure I can hear that engine laughing at me through the garage door............ Cheers, Tony
  10. T

Engine refuses to Rev.

The way I wire my cars up is that I have the fuel pump running off a relay triggered by the ignition switch at the full 12v constant, rather than the 9v rising to 12 when the engine is under demand, which is in turn ( once the set up is running perfectly) protected by an inertia switch. Noise...
  11. T

Engine refuses to Rev.

Hi, Tried the new coils yesterday evening, no change. Car still starts lovely and then refuses to run. Voltage at VTA2 bang on 5 Volts and earth good on IDL2. I opened up Lexus ECU once and had a look inside but quickly closed the lid again before I let all the magic smoke out. If there's...
  12. T

Engine refuses to Rev.

My Ecu was perfect three months ago ( as was for the 8 years we had it previously) when I drove the car back to my house and stripped it on the drive. I was sure the ecu was ok and that was confirmed when my mates ECu also demonstrated the same behaviour when installed in my car. The chances...
  13. T

Engine refuses to Rev.

Have ripped out all wiring and started again , rechecked everything umpteem times. No matter what ecu I use the same results, car starts but will not rev and with my mates ecu it wont even idle......... Anyone know what would make the ECU refuse to fire the injectors once it has...
  14. T

Idle problem

The water bridge is the water channel between the two heads that the bottom hose and thermostat is bolted into. If you look just behind the coil at the top of the engine you will see two sensors and their plugs which are bolted into the water bridge between the two heads. One has just one...
  15. T

Idle problem

Try a new efi temperature sender. Its the two wire sensor on the front water bridge. It seems like the engine is being fuelled too rich hence the sooty smoke. A warm engine running on a mixture that is too rich would give exactly those symptoms. Cheers, Tony
  16. T

Engine refuses to Rev.

Hi, Thanks for that. A very knid friend over here has provided me with an exact match for my ECU and his ECU has exactly the same result as mnone so I can deduce that its not an ECU problem its a wiring problem that I have created that triggers phantom MAF and TPS fault codes. So, time to...
  17. T

Engine refuses to Rev.

Update need to check ECU. Update Rechecked everything and only fault codes are 31, 24 and 47 all relate to the MAF and TPS. MAF and TPS share common 5 volt supply which is good, all earths are good and I have renewed all wiring from MAF to ECU. I need to check ECU operation and I would...
  18. T

Engine refuses to Rev.

Following my recent problem with the Lexus V8 in Cobra number 1 ( rectification not yet attempted as Car is 1.5 hours away), I now have a serious problem with the Lexus Engine in Cobra number 2. The car starts great and idles just a little roughly. However when you try to increase the...
  19. T

Thanks for that. I have a spare engine in the shed with cam sensors and tps so I will srtart with the tps and see how that goes before stripping down the front of the engine. As an aside I am waiting for a brand new new MAF sensor (without the housing) for my Lexus powered Cobra which I have...
  20. T

Hi Guys, About 8 years ago I built a couple of AC Cobra replicas with a 1990 and 93 1uzfe in them with lots of help from this forum, and would you believe that one of them is now giving us some trouble. We awoke it from its winters hibernation last week and it ran fine but yesterday it...