Search results

1. A

Thanks

Growing old didn't take as long as I thought it would. Got too old to be grovelling around under cars. Sold my 3UZ 928, and TriumphTr7 half finished conversion. .Bought a 370Z, probably too close to the ground for my backbone and knees, but I'll live with it for a while' Thanks to all those...
  2. A

Catalytic converters, Scrap value?

What is a fair price to sell these for? I have a couple of mangled ones, 2002 LS430, took them to a scrap metal dealer, They valued them at $20 the pair. As there is a thriving industry in the states stealing these of cars in car parks etc. I figure they could be worth a bit more. I'm in...
  3. A

A650E output, Anyone have one?

Sent mine to an engineering shop to be modified to a round 4 bolt to driveshaft setup(tunnel a bit to skinny to run with big rubber coupling. They somehow mashed it to oblivion in the lathe. Anyone have one lying around? I'm on Gold Coast Queensland Australia. Alternatively, anyone know...
  4. A

Replacing injectors/coils on 3UZ

From an old thread, Gloverman comment "If you have later 3uz injectors are bigger too so use injectors which match ecu. This was an early 3uz so same injectors " I am going to replace injectors and coils on the 3UZ I am putting all new gaskets and seals into at the moment . The engine is...
  5. A

Triumph TR7 3UZ swap. Classic waste of time, effort, space and Money

I once sold an MGBGT using the heading," Car for someone lacking the taste or money for something better." This one fits that bill. In a sad time in my life (English car disease) I owned two TR8's. One a7 I converted using a 7 Coupe, the other an 8 ragtop from the States that I converted to RHD...
  6. A

Gasket sets, anyone tried this one?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Full-Gasket-Set-Head-Bolts-for-01-09-Lexus-GS430-LS430-SC430-4-3-DOHC-3UZFE/273072670533?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 Have a smooth running 3UZ engine,300K,all country running, with good compressions 180 on 7, 200 on the last (oil in...
  7. A

Factory exhaust manifolds,

New project time, saw a TR7 on Gumtree a few months back, I have owned two TR8s 20 years ago. so I know English clown cars when I see one. First thoughts; Who in their right mind would want to get involved with one of them? It was still available when I looked the day after, No sunroof, no...
  8. A

Ebay single turbo setup

Any comments on this one? Anyone tried it? https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-4-7-Toyota-Single-T4-Turbo-Kit-2UZ-FE-2UZFE-2UZ-4Runner-Land-Cruiser-Tundra/273164773949?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
  9. A

Exhaust/ header fabricators Sydney, Any recommendations?

Need a system made up to get through engineering, 3UZ into 928 porsche, Factory cats won't fit under the floor,have to go in engine bay,very tight.Any recommendations for quality,reasonably priced fabricator:rolleyes:, inner suburbs Sydney prefered Thanks
  10. A

3UZ temperature transmitter

2002 3UZ ex LS430,anyone know location of water temperature (gauge) transmitter?, cant see it anywhere obvious, :confused: Thanks
  11. A

Power steer pump pressure?

Anyone know what pressure range the power steer pump operates at?
  12. A

will an oil cooler plumb in here??

3uz engine, (pic below) can an oil cooler plumb into the two allen keyed plugs?? (I know-I have a busted transmitter on the end. ) searched the forum, only mention was a sort of unanswered post here http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2349&highlight=oil+cooler
  13. A

Trade Swap, My mid sump, for your front sump.(Sydney)..

In Sydney, urgently need a front sump for UZ. prefer Sydney-or close pick-up. (I originally wanted just to buy one outright, but didn't have any luck) now have an early 1990's Soarer mid sump to trade.Complete, pan, girdle,windage, pick up, Want the same, but with the sump on the front end. This...
  14. A

Wanted 1uz front sump wanted (Sydney)

Wanted 1UZ front sump with the works to go.(Everything, Pick up, windage, ,alloy girdle, pan, etc) Prefer pick up Sydney, or close.
  15. A

Trade 3UZ mount brackets swap for 1UZ(SYDNEY)

Alloy brackets , probably have mounting about as far back as possible , pic here- http://www.flickr.com/photos/21084918@N08/3630844146/in/set-72157619761146204/ swap for 1UZ that will hopefully get my mount point as far forward as possible. Really need them to bolt to front 4 mount points...
  16. A

3UZ into 928 Porsche

I've wanted one of these cars since the day I first saw one nearly 30 years ago, Problem was, as usual, they cost too much. They started getting into my price range (read cheap) a few years ago, only problem was time had not been kind to most of them. Engine repairs/replacement and parts prices...