Search results

1. C

blower motor not coming on on a ls400

I turn on the a/c, I hear the a/c clutch come on but nothing comes through the vents, what fuses/relays should I look at, can I find a stock FSM for this car somewhere 91-92 ls400
  2. C

Project Thread 73 hilux

paid 400 for it, clean title, paid 70 to get the 18r carb rebuilt. Having troubles with the dist, hopefully it will get running soon. It is in good condition for a 73 rust wise.
  3. C

power steering leaking

It is leaking around the pump, does the fluid actually run through the bracket, I just got it all backtogether from replacing the timing belt, took me 3 months to do LOL. but the geniuses that took it apart took all the bolts out and I dont have any of them, I have 3 bolts in it but I think its...
  4. C

Question on the waterpump bolts.

Ok I bought a 92 lexus for 300 that needed a water pump. I get the car and its already torn down to the water pump, bolts already taken out, this is my first ls400 so I dont know what goes where, im usually good at this if Im the one that took the car apart. Here is where im at now, I just put...
  5. C

91 ls400 interference? broke belt

Im looking at buying a 91-92 ls400 for cheap(under 500). Lady had it idling in a parking lot then bam, it quit running. Broke timing belt and water pump is messed up too for some reason. The car is nice, is it a good idea to buy it? Im looking for a 1uz swap for my 85 300zx but for now id like...
  6. C

Why would a 1uzfe headgasket blow?

I found a 1uz for 50 bucks with a blown headgasket, i want to get it, but first I want to find the commons reasons why a 1uz would blow... or what messed up on the engine to make it blow. im new to the 1uz, im used to 80s nissan v6s which dont blow headgaskets(stock nissan graphite ones) EVER...
  7. C

custom driveshaft for 1uz auto?

when using the stock auto from a 1uz doesnt the driveshaft bolt up to the transmission? when putting this into a live axle car wouldnt the driveshaft need a slip yoke for it to extend when the live axle goes down. Planing on doing a kp61 starlet 1uz swap but I want to keep the auto just because...