Search results

1. C

gearbox adaptor plates.

Has any one looked into 1uz>FS5R30A (r30a for short) trans, its a Nissan trans from 2wd 5spd pathfinders, Z32 300zxs (tt and na I think), and a turbo 1987-1989 z31 300zx, stock its known to hold over 800hp I think, and cheaper than those Yoto trans and t56s. Although you cant beat a t56 :D
  2. C

Project Thread 73 hilux

Ill snap some photos, Im about to redo the gas tank, its clogging up I guess, keeping it from running, it sat in a field for a while so I figured I would have to... Im buying a toyota starlet and have a 79 tercel so if something ever happens to the truck, the rear end will find its way into...
  3. C

blower motor not coming on on a ls400

I turn on the a/c, I hear the a/c clutch come on but nothing comes through the vents, what fuses/relays should I look at, can I find a stock FSM for this car somewhere 91-92 ls400
  4. C

power steering leaking

Got the PS fixed. But im having a problem with the temp gauge, it is not doing anything just sitting on "C" and I drove it a good bit. where is the coolant sensor and connector on the engine? Also how do I get the cooling system full, do I pour water in that top 17mm bolt above the themostat...
  5. C

Project Thread 73 hilux

paid 400 for it, clean title, paid 70 to get the 18r carb rebuilt. Having troubles with the dist, hopefully it will get running soon. It is in good condition for a 73 rust wise.
  6. C

power steering leaking

It is leaking around the pump, does the fluid actually run through the bracket, I just got it all backtogether from replacing the timing belt, took me 3 months to do LOL. but the geniuses that took it apart took all the bolts out and I dont have any of them, I have 3 bolts in it but I think its...
  7. C

Question on the waterpump bolts.

How do you actually adjust the timing belt tensioner on the passenger side. do you just undo the 8mm allen bolt, then put the belt on, then tighten it back up. I pulled the long thing off too, the "timing belt tensioner" I saw no way how this tensions the timing belt. do you just leave the 8mm...
  8. C

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is what I was looking for, I found the one on lextremes tutorials but it didnt help, bookmarking that. Id give you money but I has none. LOL
  9. C

Ok I bought a 92 lexus for 300 that needed a water pump. I get the car and its already torn down to the water pump, bolts already taken out, this is my first ls400 so I dont know what goes where, im usually good at this if Im the one that took the car apart. Here is where im at now, I just put...
  10. C

91 ls400 interference? broke belt

found the answer about the waterpump stuff. But I think im going to go with the gatorback timing belt from the autozone. People have had good luck with the gatorbacks on the 300zxs which is what I know. this is my second toyota so...
  11. C

Trying to change the water pump but it looks like the themostat is holding it from moving, is there a page to tell me how to pull it off, like location of all the bolts and what not? Where can I get a fsm for a 91 ls400
  12. C

Garrett GT25 turbos

I dont see a problem with them unless they have ceramic wheels, I had a friend with a rb25 turbo that was ceramic.
  13. C

BIG... by that I mean up to 600lb/hr injectors... yeah... 600

HOly cow. 60lb are big injectors. My friends 600hp cobra has 60lbs.
  14. C

Garrett GT25 turbos

Perhaps 2 T3 turbos from z31 300zxs 84-87, 88-89 have t25 and are ineficiant past like 6psi. z31 t3 turbos are watercooled.
  15. C

Sweet. The water pump breaking the timing belt seems to be sorta common I dont know. How much do you think it would take to fix it, are autozone/advanced timing belt kits and water pumps good, or should I go with toyota/lexus stuff. I know nissans, so any help would be awesome. Toyota makes...
  16. C

Im looking at buying a 91-92 ls400 for cheap(under 500). Lady had it idling in a parking lot then bam, it quit running. Broke timing belt and water pump is messed up too for some reason. The car is nice, is it a good idea to buy it? Im looking for a 1uz swap for my 85 300zx but for now id like...
  17. C

Why would a 1uzfe headgasket blow?

It is a 1993, I dont think he knows where the starter is, I just told him I needed the engine, ecu, wiring, starter, trans, driveshaft, and maf, he just told me 50 for engine, ecu and wiring, 50 for starter and driveshaft, 50 for maf, and 50 for transmission. I think he was just throwing prices...
  18. C

I dont know, some idiot kid probably had it or something and blew it, 50 bucks I cant beat it. dude wants 200 for everything I need to use it for a swap but I only have 50 right now, I got a friend thats susposed to buy my maxima for 300 bucks in 3 days... so hopefully Ill be able to get...
  19. C

I found a 1uz for 50 bucks with a blown headgasket, i want to get it, but first I want to find the commons reasons why a 1uz would blow... or what messed up on the engine to make it blow. im new to the 1uz, im used to 80s nissan v6s which dont blow headgaskets(stock nissan graphite ones) EVER...
  20. C

custom driveshaft for 1uz auto?

I am in the US, I dont think we have the "crown". But just found a 1uz for 50 bucks so im on my way! I am sure a driveline shop can figure something out for me.