Search results

1. fastegg

Cooling system refill

Whenever I have to refill cooling system from scratch it takes several days to get it working properly... I firstly fill via catch tank with blead bolt removed from top of block... engine gets hot but radiator does not... let car cool down overnight... add maybe 1.5litres,,, repeat process...
  2. fastegg

Cat removal

Is there any improvement on a '98 1UZvvti by removing cats ?
  3. fastegg

Hard to start when warmed up

Starts easy when cold but idles hi.... once warmed up needs 15+ seconds on the starter then eventually starts... idles hi... maybe fueling up ?
  4. fastegg

Won't start with accelerator position sensor connected

Started engine after fixing injector leak... was idling fast.. noticed accelerator position sensor (APS) not connected.... connected APS without turning engine off... now it won't start.... it will start if I unplug the APS but no throttle response... Any suggestions ? ('99 LS400)
  5. fastegg

Rear coolant transfer 'piece'

I'm about to change the starter motor. To remove the 2 bolts that mount the starter you have to remove a coolant transfer 'pipe' or section (sort of just behind the starter)... Don't know exactly what it's called so i have been unable to get a part number for the 2 gaskets that will need to be...
  6. fastegg

Dead starter motor

Battery 100%... turn ignition on.. everything comes on... turn key to start & nothing.... wiggle gear lever around... go from P to N a few times.... but still nothing.... replaced starter @300,000km... now @380,000km....Any suggestions ? (first time in the 15 years I've had it that it has...
  7. fastegg

Unknown button on dash

Hi.. I have discovered a button on the dash... just bellow the hood release ... I tried looking it up in the manual with no luck. Does anyone know what it is ?
  8. fastegg

Steering column

Does anyone know if the L/H drive steering column is the same on a R/H drive '98 LS400 ?..... I'm in R/H drive Australia & looking at purchasing a L/H drive US column... Both the ignition keys are on the R/H side....
  9. fastegg

'98 LS400 up & down play in steering column

I have up & down play with the steering wheel.. it's not a problem as such it just annoys me... has anyone had this issue and fixed it ? Also at the end of the steering shaft right before the steering wheel goes on there is a 'snap ring'... What is a snap ring ?
  10. fastegg

Fuel & temp gauges not working properly

My fuel & temp gauges are working but wildly inaccurate... the digital speedo, tacho & digital fuel readout all good... Does anyone know if these can be fixed ?
  11. fastegg

Valve clearances

My '98 has 340.000 and runs beautiful... I doubt the valve clearances have ever been checked.... should I be concerned ?
  12. fastegg

Check VSC & ABS issue

Check VSC & ABS keeps coming up... I can reset it however when I start the car and put it into drive it comes back on...also now cannot get it out of PARK without first having to depress the PARK override button... I'm guess these 2 things are related because they both started playing up at the...
  13. fastegg

Cam belt

What's the longest known mileage on a UCF20 cam belt ?.... Have there been any known failures ?... What would likely fail ?
  14. fastegg

Seat belt retractor

My drivers side seat belt wont retract unless I feed it in by hand. Is it buggered ?.... Can it be fixed if I pull it out or should I just source another one ? Its very annoying feeding it back in every time i get out... and leaving it out looks very untidy...
  15. fastegg

Replace timing belt

I'm just psyching myself up to do both a timing belt and starter motor... At 295,000km the 2nd belt is due and the starter is doing the click-click-click thing.. I'm going to be using a complete Toyota timing belt kit and with it is a crank seal. I'd like to change it. Ive watched 2 youtube...
  16. fastegg

OBD2 scan tool for iphone5c

Has anyone used one of these cheap OBD2 wi-fi scan tools for an iphone5 ? They're really cheap on ebay... Any good for a '98 LS400 ?
  17. fastegg

Air fuel tuning

I'm just about to install my Dynojet air/fuel ratio gauge. I'd like to start 'fiddling' and try to get better fuel economy on the highway....I have read somewhere if I put a variable resistor on one of the sensors (Intake air temp sensor, coolant temp sensor or other) by tricking the ECU into...
  18. fastegg

Idle problem

I have an intermittent problem... when I take my foot off the accelerator pedal the engine stops or idles very rough with puffs of black smoke.... A sensor problem ?
  19. fastegg

Fuel consumption gauge

There was a guy making a fuel consumption gauge a while back, I had one but Ive lost it (just when I need it) The name was like Morinigp or something like that.. I think he may also come from Russia or Ukraine... if anyone knows what I'm talking about let me know...
  20. fastegg

Exhaust mods... better fuel economy ?

I just took out the rear mufflers to see what it sounds like.... it sounds like a cop car when its idling.. not loud, maybe a tiny bit of drone but easy ok... I decided to drive it around for a few days and to my disbelief the fuel computer is telling me its getting 10% better economy on the...