Search results

1. S

Project Thread Can anyone identify this Classic?

As above really. I think it's lovely. It's obviously been re-worked but it's not a model I'm familiar with in the UK. I think loads were imported into Australia but not Europe. I remember this from asking this question before ......I've just can't find that thread now ;) If you can identify...
  2. S

Trade LS400 Engine in UK available immediately

Hi all, I have a spare complete LS400 engine all in 1 piece with torque convertor Engine bay loom with all connectors, alternator and engine mounts. This is the earlier engine with the stronger con rods so is the one to have!!! I bought a number of these which I organised a 'group buy' for a...
  3. S

Down under friends help please on Isuzu Pickup advice

Hello Brothers. Some assistance from south of the equator please. We've got a Isuzu 4 door pickup/ute 2003 3litre Turbo Diesel Auto in the family company and are looking at buying it off the books for private use. It was an Import car to the UK from Australasia area and is not on general...
  4. S

Mythbusters - Name that car!

One for the Americans I guess. Just saw a really cool looking coupe on Mythbusters. It was used during an experiment too see if 500 butane cigarette lighters could explode in a car if heat was applied. It did!!!! :o) Anyway, I'm interested if anyone can enlighten me to what it was...
  5. S

Wanted Full Rear Sump set up needed - Have Front Sump to swap if required.

Basically as above. Please get in touch as soon as convenient. My front sump is available for swap or purchase.It is in very good condition.
  6. S

Can you take a Soarer full sump off the engine when it's still in the car??????????

Following on from this: http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6532 I have very kindly been offered a Soarer sump but it's on a stricken car many miles from where I live and I have to remove it myself. So the big Q is .... can the Soarer sump be removed from under the car without the...
  7. S

Help identifying twin Solex carbs

Hi All, To save me re posting the pictures please click the link below. As the title suggest, can anyone help me identify these twin Solex carbs???? I'm going to sell them but until i can identify them properly I don't know my target audience. I don't want big bucks for them so if anyone is...
  8. S

Crushing 1UZ's

A rather unbelievable tale. I've been searching ebay UK for Soarer breaking (parting out) as I need a rear sump and a number have some cars in stock, but.... They strip the cars of any quick selling bits and then crush the body with the engine in!!! I thought I'd be able to steal a few...
  9. S

Brain faded so a daft question - Cam pulley thread direction???

Been stripping my 1UZ today (and more tomorrow) and been busy untangling millions of shredded bits of cam belt. I bought the engine untested so fair enough, but it's a right pain in the arse and god knows what else I'll find! ! ! ! :censored: I've got brain fade as can't think of the thread...
  10. S

'Top Gear's' Richard Hammond in monster Jet Car 300mph crash!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/5366422.stm Check out the video link on the page for more info. Many of you will watch the BBC's Top Gear as it's the best car/entertainment mix with the best action and tongue in cheak fun going. Unfortunately it appears they pushed it...
  11. S

This is a bit of fun.

There are a few Lexii in there plus loads of other interesting and unusual cars that when photoshopped/modded look cool. http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=14810 It's all a bit of fun and I think the guy who runs it is only 20! Cheers Mark
  12. S

Standalone ECU 1UZFE 36-1 Trigger Wheel and Megasquirt

Can the 1UZ 36-1 trigger wheel be used with Megasquirt? Also how many teeth are on it? Cheers Mark
  13. S

Le Mans '06

Well it's over. I couldn't go this year and Christ have I taken abuse off my Mates! Text messages questioning my sexuality for missing a petrolhead beer tour does make a grown man feel uncomfortable.... but hey it's the least amount of sympathy they'd expect from me if they let the boys...
  14. S

Brasil v Australia

Wha - hey.... it's green and gold against .... errrrr.... green and gold!!!!! ;) Go the Socceroos, though to be fair as a Brit it's always natural to support the underdog!!! ha ha Cheers guys Mark
  15. S

Could 1UZ heads be modified to take VAG FSI system?

Above in a nutshell really. http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=14095 Haven't had the heads off of VAG FSI engine to see the size of the direct injection and common rail system but was wondering if it would work? As many here are considering totally different fuelling...
  16. S

Electromotive Inc - Any one heard from 'Techo' who is supposed to be their Oz dealer?

Basically as above. 'Techo' has said several times he is a dealer for Electromotive Inc and I've tried a couple of emails to him to ask q's on the HPX system but no joy. Anyone know him or more importantly where I can get a HPX system from and how much as Electromotive don't appear to list...
  17. S

Dump valves and explosions!

I've just started an dumb thread in the Drive train area, so now it's time to ask a daft question here! ;o) Been thinking........ (dangerous)...... Blow off valves/Dump valves etc. If on an FI engine they should be on the pressurised side and can dump to atmosphere, recirculate to the blower or...
  18. S

General Approach to transmission adapters

Been thinking as no one has really majored on transmission swaps explaining the knock on effect on the input shaft from adding an adapter plate. Please correct me if I've missed the obvious but if you manufacture an adapter plate for a manual transmission and use the related flywheel, clutch...
  19. S

The what bit goes where bit???

Hi Guys, Well I've gone and done it! An LS400 1UZ of some extraction lies on a pallet on my garage floor. Jesus... how many bits of plastic and wire??? ha ha.... what have I started! It is a front sump model and the oil filter sticks outat virtually 90 degrees from the right hand side...
  20. S

Dolly

Hi Guys I'm awaiting delivery of my 1UZ. I've decided to knock up a little wheeled truck or dolly I think you'd call it. It's just to make thinks easier when moving it from the delivery lorry to and around the garage. Anyone suggest an ideal size or shape? I think from memory my engine...