Search results

1. L

Cutting OE springs '97 LS400

I've got new Bilstein shocks and H&R springs, it's too firm, I wanna try the OE spring rate on the Bilsteins but want to keep the 1" lower ride height the H&R provide too. I can move the perch clip down on the shocks, they are all on the upper groove right now. How do the OE springs do with...
  2. L

PipeMax header design software

I just purchased the newest version 3.8 of this software. I have a few exhaust build projects I wanna do. It needs lots of engine specs to calculate everything and was wondering if y'all had a link to these or could fill in the blanks for a UFC20 1UZFE? Are they the same for the 1st...
  3. L

Bilstein on '97 LS400

Well I finally got an LS, a dark green '97 , Coach Edition, 119,000 miles, dreamy. Brand new Firestone FR710 all season tires are not helping with my experience, a bit noisy and floaty. They will need to go but I also would like to firm up the ride and get rid of some wheel to fender gap...
  4. L

LS400 vs Q45

I feel a bit silly asking this question here on a Lexus board but was curious how the two campare as well as to others in this class. The only post I was able to find when I searched said that the Q handled like a big heavy car. Is this true for the 2000 era models or more so the early ones?
  5. L

GPS with MP3

As I was perusing the various MP3 players on eBay I noticed some GPS units with an MP3 player. I assume this is for playing music but there wasn't much detail. Should I just get seperate GPS and MP3 units or is there some additional benefit by having them together. I'd like to have and use...
  6. L

Cost effective Car Audio

I'm trying to find out what off brands perform well. Boss, Phoenix Gold, AudioBahn, Phase Linear....etc. Some of these work great, have the same features as name brand stuff for a fraction of the price. I went crazy many years ago with Orion, Kicker, Infinity and probably some others, spent...
  7. L

GS300/400 engine similarities

Obviously one is an I-6, the other a V-8. Are the pistons and valves the same in both? Bore and stroke? Combustion chamber design? I'm just wondering because it would seem that the cylinders displace the same and a good efficient design would work on either style of engine configuration...