Search results

1. T

Hi tek manifolds

You sir are my new best friend thank you very much:)
  2. T

Hi tek manifolds

Hey I was wondering if anyone on here with hi tex marine manifolds could measure the over all width of the engine. I would love to put a 1uz vvti in my boat but I can only go about 15cm wider than my current Chev engine or it won't fit in the cowl and Im not cutting up my boat. Thank you very...
  3. T

more manual questions

actually the drivability issues were unrelated I found that the crank position sensor was cracked. New one fixed that olddly enough the ecm wasn't throwing a code for that. So yeah it just got rid of the tranny codes
  4. T

more manual questions

thanks peewee helped alot no more trans codes just speed sensor and egr to contend with now. Why would my obd 2 ecm not though a code for down stream o2s I'm not complainning since I don't have them and will save $400 not putting them in. Maybe I just didn't warm it up enough. dunno anyway...
  5. T

Wanted need crank sensor

Thanks I got one off of ebay for $58 but thanks anyway.
  6. T

Wanted need crank sensor

I need a crank sensor for a 95 + ls 400 please pm
  7. T

more manual questions

I searched and read for about 6 hours now and thats just tonight. I 'm getting mixed results on running an obd II ecm (from a 96 ls400) with no auto. I have a 1uzfe in my hilux with a r150 trans. it starts idles and runs like a top. the only codes it gives me are for the trans solenoids. but...
  8. T

not idling or reving correctly

I'll give it a go but I was playing with it tonight and it seems to be retarding the timing 30 degrees at 2500 rpm my igniters pluged in but I didn't know if I grabed the wrong ones. the wrecker had several ls400 and mine is obdII. I'm getting very frustrated.
  9. T

not idling or reving correctly

what igniters were you given and model/year donor having similar probs with 95 ls400 however I wired it myself and have no one else to blame.
  10. T

Airflow meter troubles

I'm jealous..... what was in a 79 cressida for an engine oem? All the old toyotas here are rusted away...only a coulpe 80's celicas/ supras left.. no coronas or cressiadas or anything cool.
  11. T

Would you install fuel lines inside the cabin of the car, especially like this?

older (pre 92) hondas run lines into cab fuel and brake but not rubber
  12. T

Airflow meter troubles

looks like the newer style hot wire afm from, a 95-97 ls 400 will work same as my plug
  13. T

Wanted engine covers

Hey guys I need the plastic cover that goes over the spark plug wires on the 1uz don't care if there toyota or lexus had a small fire ,ok no engine fire is a small fire, last parts I need. In Canada or north eastern US would be great Thanks Blaine
  14. T

Has Anyone Run AV Gas in the 2UZ

on a side note avgas will lean the mixture slightly because it has anti-freeze in it. I run my personal watercraft on av gas 830cc, 2 stroke, 225psi cranking compression, 170hp I was a long time tunning it.
  15. T

engine fire need new wiring harness

will a 94 harness work on my 95 ls400 engine I foung a high km ls400 engine built the 10th month of 93 and I have a 95 engine ecu and airflow meter but since I had a small engine fire I need most the wiring harnes a new HACV and a couple of new injectors I found a cheap complete engine would...
  16. T

which AFM..?

I just looked at were you are from shipping would be more than its worth but thanks
  17. T

engine fire need new wiring harness

hey all my swap came to a grinding halt yesterday when a leaking fuel rail caught fire. I'm looking for a 1995-96 ls400 wiring harness It can be cut. most of my harness is good I can patch it together. Thanks
  18. T

which AFM..?

I need that afm if you want to sell it:tongue2:
  19. T

1uz missing at full throttle and highrpm

Hey guys finaly got my 1uz in my toyota pickup and solid axle swap done. I have a 3vz fuel pump in a plastic tank right now the engine seems to run fine at low rpm at moderate throttle but if I open it up it will only rev to about 4500rpm with no load on as soon as I stepon it in gear maybe...
  20. T

Sweet Sixteen

For a fiero to be a classic you would have to find one that STILL RUNS! Although the engines are easy to come by since GM put them in every car they made in the 80's The LS won't be labeled a classic soon because of there timeless design, most people on the street couldn't tell how old the 90...