Search results

1. W

Cars For Sale 92 sc400 for sale $1000

Over heated and I didn't catch it in time As far as I know its just a blown head gasket and no damage occured to the pistons/valves/etc I simply can not afford to fix this car anymore It has some minor body damage And some vandal busted up the windshield yesterday Anyone in the...
  2. W

heater no longer functions

Winter is here and the heater only works when on the highway or when the engine is at high RPMs (>3k). Any other time it just blow air. If I push the temp knob and turn the system to auto, the lcd turns on but the fan stays off. Then if by chance I take the highway instead of going thru...
  3. W

still plagued with problems

I replaced the ecu today, and she started right up like nothing was ever wrong. But under slight acceleration or load like going up a hill, it seems like she's skipping like all the cylinders stop firing for half a second. Or almost like the tranny is slipping then catching very quickly. If I...
  4. W

What could cause an ECU to go bad?

So I haven't been driving my SC for about a year now. After having 3 shops tell me they can't find anything wrong with it, I finally took it to a dealership to figure out what was wrong with it. Turns out its the ECU, like I suspected all along. So, before I pop in a new one. Is there...
  5. W

what now?

OK just got my car back from the mechanic, had the front suspension fixed and aligned. Got it out on the road for a bit to try it out, noticed a burned electronics smell (solder, burning fiber glass and plastic). Radio wasn't working right, was making weird noises, then nothing. Turns on...
  6. W

Wanted IAC for 92 1uzfe

anyone got one? apparently its the next part on my car that needs to be replaced
  7. W

mechanic says its IAC, I don't believe him

For the last few months I've been taking my 92 sc400 to mechanic after mechanic, after mechanic, with no one able to figure out whats wrong with my car. The current mechanic says its the IAC causing all the problems I do not think the IAC will cause the cause the engine to hesitate under...
  8. W

Cars For Sale 92 sc400 for sale $1500 obo

I have a 92 1uzfe sc400 up for grabs 193k Its beat up in a few places. Backed into 4 separate times, 3 of which are on the same rear quarter panel. And once into the hood. I've given up with trying to diagnose the problem with this car I've taken it to mechanic after mechanic with no...
  9. W

(videos) i dont even know where to begin

it cuts out under load, and you can forget about quick take offs i have to ease on the throttle to accelerate, going up hills causes it to cut out more http://yfrog.com/n6vid20100909163306z http://yfrog.com/mqvid20100909164022z i cant figure this out ive replace the following that...
  10. W

idle air control...amidoinitrite?

ive had a recurring problem with all the bits and pieces of plastic that are used to connect wires together in my engine bay....theyre all brittle and break very easily every single one of the connectors for my fuel injectors are broken ive glued them all together, and so far so good but...
  11. W

Wanted 92 1uz maf

will pay top dollar for one :) please please please
  12. W

wheres this oil coming from?

well im finally getting around to replacing that knock sensor, ive noticed oil in these little pockets next to the intake port things, not sure what to call them on the drivers side theres oil in there, and on the passenger side theres what appears to be gravel so, wtf? wheres this stuff...
  13. W

Wanted 92 1uz knock sensor

yep just need a knock sensor
  14. W

what would be the syptoms of a faulty knock sensor?

a few weeks back i found the knock sensor broken (as seen below) ive glued it back together and i havent noticed any problems as of yet but i have a feeling that someday it will come off, when that time comes what should i look out for?
  15. W

another f-ing problem! car is turning over w/o key in ignition

so ive spent i dont know how many hours replacing the starter, and i finally get everything together and as soon as i connect the battery the damn thing starts to turn over, by its self, with keys still in my hand!!!! i know ive read another post where this happened to someone else, but i...
  16. W

what are these, and what do they do?

In the process of replacing my starter I found this broken, not sure how it got that way, I figured I'd just glue it back together. But what is it? When I originally noticed this (below) it had a small rubber hose connecting one tube to the next, at some point it fell off but I...
  17. W

need tips for getting starter out

ive got everything torn apart, and have the two 14mm bolts on the starter finger loose, but i still cant get the damn things out im thinking of taking the water bridge out, ive got the two visible nuts off the front part, but im not seeing where the others might be anyone got a good...
  18. W

cant keep steady rpms and idle woes

92 sc400 if i rev up around 2k rpm the engine will die down to around idle rpms, hesitate, then rev back up. it hesitates when accelerating, idle rpms jump up and down. at higher rpms it seems fine replaced with new: water pump and timing belt, spark plugs and wires, coils, iac, battery. im...
  19. W

i farked up my power steering

:banghead: im such a dumbass :banghead: i was doing donuts and suddenly it got really hard to steer i have no clue what part of it is broken i see no leaks the res is full and like with my heater problem when the rpm's are high it works, i can steer easily if its in neutral and i rev...
  20. W

i farked up my power steering

i dont see an option to delete this thread