Search results

1. A

Replacing injectors/coils on 3UZ

From an old thread, Gloverman comment "If you have later 3uz injectors are bigger too so use injectors which match ecu. This was an early 3uz so same injectors " I am going to replace injectors and coils on the 3UZ I am putting all new gaskets and seals into at the moment . The engine is...
  2. A

M122 Northstar Supercharger Adapter

Did you read down to a review from one of the buyers? by coloradodatsunnutsMar 30, 2020 Great for Northstar only. Great if you have a NorthStar. If you are planning to adapt to another car it will not fit. The manifold, runners and supercharger are one casting. Verified purchase: Yes |...
  3. A

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Good prices to upgrade ECU, pity they are US dollars I'm in Oz, ,and the Australian dollar is worth 2 flat rocks:rolleyes:
  4. A

3UZFE into a Lincoln Zephyr

Japanese engines really upset traditionalists. :eek: Even when they are a big improvement on what used to make the wheels turn. The H.A.M.B crowd would definitely have a problem with anything not made in detroit.
  5. A

3UZFE into a Lincoln Zephyr

This is going to be good!GO, GO,, GO!
  6. A

Triumph TR7 3UZ swap. Classic waste of time, effort, space and Money

I thought about it, and the only reason I could come up with for it being a rust free English car was, Its not a real one! it is a cheap knock off from Asia! ;) Russ
  7. A

When stripped back body was very straight rust free, now all couloured in:D. About to strip a 3UZ engine, This had done 320,000K's, oil leaking from everywhere. sump, rocker covers, front (and probably rear seal. Will replace , and check bearings etc on the way through. The cam belt was...
  8. A

The TR7 definitely killed Triumph, The convertible with the V8 was not a bad looker. A little to late. I had a 1965 E Coupe, sold in 1968, If I could find another S1 cheap,:rolleyes:, I'd like to do a 2JZ Vvti TT conversion. There was am absolutely magnificent XKD replica show up at a local...
  9. A

Parked next to "dull", I would take dull. Even when they moved with the quaint English 4 cylinder, they did not move all that quick. The Rover V8 got the performance levels up, but by the time it made production ,Triumph was dead in the water. Link to a 1UZ in a convertibleTR7, I really think...
  10. A

I once sold an MGBGT using the heading," Car for someone lacking the taste or money for something better." This one fits that bill. In a sad time in my life (English car disease) I owned two TR8's. One a7 I converted using a 7 Coupe, the other an 8 ragtop from the States that I converted to RHD...
  11. A

1UZ Twin Turbo Subaru WRX Swap

Nice paint, They are not big enough to be a coffin:oops:, I will get a thread going in next few days Mightyboy Vs Clowncar. :eek:
  12. A

1UZ Twin Turbo Subaru WRX Swap

QUOTE="Zuffen, post: 145565, member: 501"]I'm currently up to my armpits in swapping an SR20DE (2litre Nissan) into a Suzuki MightyBoy (Google that one!) that originally came from the factory with a 550cc engine. It will cost more than it will ever be worth, but you can't take it with you...
  13. A

Hey Kelvin or George, Does this work?

Thanks, Thought it looked too easy.
  14. A

Hey Kelvin or George, Does this work?

It's a bit hard to see which wires (1or 2?) or if it is even being kicked over with a foreign key.
  15. A

y not 1uz head with 3uz block?

How about the other way around? 3UZ heads with Vvti on a 1UZ block? I'm not planning on doing this, but have 2 x3UZ's , one running in car, another going into a long term project. I have a 1UZ block that I bought to get the sump off, -early, allegedly better rods, has unworn bores, bearings...
  16. A

Fuel return line?

I can't help, I found my replacement in a box of brass fittings I'd accumulated over the years. Pull it out and take it to a bolt shop, they will tell you. ( probably wont help you but worth a mention,there is a bolt shop in Parramatta Sydney called "The Nut House")
  17. A

Fuel return line?

I'm a basic old guy:eek:,(I have owned cars with crank handles) I keep everything running by maintenance, change fluids, use my ears to work out if anything sounds different, plug in my very basic code reader ($12) every now and then to see if it throws up a code. Only one I get regularly is...
  18. A

Fuel return line?

Malpassi is rising rate, but do not have the vac line connected (not boosted, so is there any point in hooking it up?) 3.5 would be static. Fuel trims? sorry, don't even know what they areo_O
  19. A

Fuel return line?

Not something I was aware of. When I did the swap, I left the existing in-tank pump in place, had a return line already there, went from front of rail to a Malpassi set on 3.5, factory ECU, 20,000ks later, never had a hiccup. (only thing that has been done on the engine in that time is 4 oil...